Chapter thirteen - The Woods

"What! Why?" Dream had just told me I was going back to l'manburg. He had gone on to say I would be leaving when I'm healed but that was it. No real explanation. Does he not want me here anymore? Does this have to do with the meeting? "I don't even remember half of the people in l'manburg, why would I go back right now?"

"It's a part of the deal." He said looking strait at me...well his mask was. Deal? So I'm just a bargaining chip to him then?

"What deal?" Despite my thoughts I stayed calm, holding onto that small sliver of hope that he would change his mind and ask me to stay. I thought we were getting along well, but now I'm not sure he ever wanted me to stay.

"When I went to meet with your brother he said he would give me the disks for L'manburg's freedom and your return home." I knew what the disks were. I remembered when Tommy found them and he came running to me all excited.

But now I was pissed. I really was just a pawn to him and I was no longer afraid to voice my thoughts.

"Am I just a pawn to you?! A tool to use to get what you want!"

Dream's pov

"No! Of course not! But he's your brother and L'manburg is your home you should-" I started before she cut me off.

"L'manburg was never my home!" I was torn. I could tell she was hurt by my words and maybe I could have delivered the news in a better way, but I think a part of me wanted her to hate me. If she hates me then it will be easier to let her go. Besides, she can't stay here. It's better if she goes back to her family were she'll be safe.

"What do you mean l'manburg was never your home?" I could see the anger written on her face diminish a bit as it was replaced by confusion and frustration.

"I don't really know...but in every memory I've had about Tommy that's in l'manburg I was never in my home. I don't even know if I have a home." She mumbled the last part and now I knew why she was so hurt. She felt as though I was kicking her out, sending her to a place she feels she doesn't know. Then an idea came to mind.

"How about this. During your healing time I'll tell you everything I know about l'manburg." A small smile made its way onto her face before she frowned again.

"But you hate l'manburg."

"I won't bring my opinion into it then." She smiled again and pulled me into an awkward side hug. I was startled at first but soon melted into it. It didn't last long though because she seemed to realize what she had done and quickly let go.

"Sorry." She mumbled. I didn't say anything, only pulled her in for another hug. This one was less awkward and more warm. This feels nice...wait...what am I doing? I can't care about her. She's Tommy's fucking sister. She has to go back to l'manburg. She deserves better.

Despite my negative thoughts I still sat there hugging her. Neither of us pulled away for a while. Neither of us wanted to. But eventually you have to let go of everything right? So we pulled apart and smiled at each other.

. . .

Ophelia's pov

It had been a couple days and Dream kept to his promise. He told me everything he knew about l'manburg and tried not to involve his opinion too much.