The Wolf Girl

It's been 2 years since the curse has been broken. Aurora was crowned queen and made peace with both kingdoms and married Prince Philip a few months after. Maleficent got her wings back and still guarded the Moors. Diaval stayed by Maleficent's side even though she set him free. Then a few weeks later he declared his love to her which she rejected at first for fear of getting hurt again but then came running back to him because she realized she loved him too. They got married a year later and now live happily protecting the Moors together. Everyone was happy and at peace. But in a little farm near the Moors lays a young white wolf on the ground brutally beaten by her master. "Do something you stupid dog. Bite,growl,anything!" yelled the man while he kicked the wolf on the ribs. All you could hear was the yelping of the poor creature. Far off in the distance Maleficent was scouting outside the forest of the Moors making sure everything was in place until she heard the sound of an animal needing help. She spread her wings and flew off towards the place the cry came from when she sees a man beating a poor wolf, not letting it even get up off the ground. "Hey!" she yelled. "Let the creature be!" The farmer looked up at her, "Get lost witch, unless you want to end up on my wall." he threatened. "You dare disrespect me!" she yelled. Magic started flowing through her her hands, she was thinking of turning him to ash when she got an idea. She looked at him with a smug smirk on her face. She started to laugh a little. "What are you laughing at?" the farmer asked. "Into a milli worm." Maleficent said. The man started to transform, "Hey! What are-," he was cut off by magic and shrunk into a tiny milli worm. "That'll teach you to respect a woman." Maleficent said. She started to walk towards the wolf laying on the ground. The wolf looked up at her with frightened eyes and started to whine a little. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." Maleficent said softly taking the chain wrapped around the wolf's neck off. She kneeled down and started to heal every cut and broken bone. The wolf stood up and looked up at Maleficent and started to wag her tail. Maleficent stood up as well and smiled down at her, "Ugh! Diaval is going to hate me." she said. The wolf nuzzled her hand. "You want to be petted?" she asked. The wolf nodded and Maleficent started to pet her head. "You're adorable." she said. The wolf took a few steps back and looked up at Maleficent. It started to shift into something that took Maleficent by surprise. Soon afterwards the wolf had fingers and toes, tan skin, with silvery blue eyes, and wavy black hair. 'She's no more than a child, maybe 9 years.' thought Maleficent. The girl looked up at Maleficent with a smile on her face. "Thank you for freeing me, my name's Dakota." said the girl. "It was my pleasure." said Maleficent smiling. "I'm Maleficent, guardian of the Moors." "It's a pleasure to meet you." Dakota said. "You're very polite for a child. It's surprising compared to what you went through here." Dakota giggled and said, "That's true, but I'm no ordinary child. I respect those that respect me and the ones I know I can trust." "You trust me already?" Maleficent asked. "Of course, I sense that you can be trusted." Dakota said. "Maleficent!" A yell came from behind her. Maleficent turned around to see Diaval running toward her. Dakota looked at the man, he seemed weird for a human. "Diaval, what's wrong?" Maleficent asked worriedly. "A fairy said you turned a man into a worm. I thought you might've gone back to being...you know." he hesitated. "You know I'll never go back to being that...thing." Maleficent said holding his hands. "I want you to meet someone, this is Dakota." she turned to Dakota with a smile. "Hello." Diaval greeted. "Nice to meet you Dakota." he said bowing his head to Dakota. "Well, I should go. Thank you for helping me." Dakota said starting to walk off to the woods. "Wait!" Maleficent said. "Do you have a home? I would love to visit you and meet your parents." she said. Dakota bowed her head down. "No." she said sadly. "Oh, well...would you like to live with us?" asked Maleficent. Dakota turned around, hope in her eyes. "Would you let me?" she asked. "Of course." Maleficent said smiling. Dakota smiled and ran to Maleficent and gave her a hug. "Um, is he ok with this?" she asked. "Why wouldn't I be? It would be nice to have another daughter in our family." Diaval said. "Well, now that you said that, there's something I should tell you about Dakota." Maleficent said with an evil grin. Diaval looked at her with an 'oh no' look. "What is it my dear?" he asked. "She's a wolf." "WHAT!" yelled Diaval. "You know I hate dogs!" he said whiningly. "But I'm a wolf." Dakota said. Maleficent chuckled at the statement remembering that she said the same thing a long time ago. "They're the same thing." Diaval said. "Well then just learn to love them, for Dakota." she said. Diaval sighed. "Fine." he said. "We'll take you meet Aurora too." said Maleficent. "Ok! I can't wait!" Dakota said excitedly. "I can help you take care of your baby too." she added. "BABY!" Diaval said. "Woops," Dakota said. "I'm guessing it was supposed to be  surprise." Maleficent chuckled, "Yes, yes it was."