The Curse Part 1

"Sir, it's time." Said a shy voice. "Excellent, we will start heading out now." A deeper voice said. "Yes my lord."
____________________________________________________________

"Your highness everything's ready." One of Aurora's soldiers said. "Good. Make sure everyone is safe and out of site. I don't want anyone getting hurt." Aurora said. "Yes my lady." The man said walking off to do what she was told. Philip came up and took her hand. "Come, we need to go somewhere safe." He said starting to walk out the war room where William and Arietta were waiting outside the door. Aurora smiled and took Arietta's hand while William took Philip's. "Everything's gonna be okay. I have faith in Dakota." She said hoping deep down inside that she was right.

They walked down to the safe room where the whole kingdom hid. "Alright, this is my stop. Stay safe, all of you." Philip said letting go of Aurora's hand and kissing her cheek. "Wish me luck princess." He whispered in her ear. Aurora smiled  remembering those exact words he said before his horse threw him into a lake. He started to walk out before Aurora called him. She ran into his arms and kissed him deeply. She pulled away and said, "good luck" before letting him go. He smiled and walked out the doors, giving the soldiers the command to secure the doors and make sure their locked tight.
____________________________________________________________

"Mal?" Diaval called to Maleficent softly. She was sitting at the top of her tree keeping an eye out for Dakota. She didn't answer, he decided to sit behind her and lean her back on his stomach. He wrapped his arms around her waist and stayed with her, quiet, comforting her. She didn't have to talk so he could know if she was okay. He already knew, he felt the same. He didn't notice till now but that mutt found a way to crawl into his heart. Maleficent's magic sensed his worry and sadness so she relaxed and leaned closer to him. He hugged her tighter. She forgot that she wasn't the only one that loved Dakota. She was so worried for her that she forgot Diaval cared as well. Tears started to form in her eyes. No, she wouldn't cry, not now. "I know." Diaval whispered in her ear and kissed her on the cheek. He knew. He knew that she wanted to apologize, felt sad and angry. He knew. He always knew. She turned around to face him, still sitting but with her legs over his side leg. She caressed his cheek and kissed him. Not a heated one, not a teasing one, no biting, no wanting, just love. Pure love. She pulled away and payed her head on his shoulder. "Thank you." She said quietly. "For?" He asked. A few seconds passed by before she said, "Everything."
____________________________________________________________

Dakota woke from her sleep. She couldn't recognize where she was. Something was different. She was her but not her. She felt anger, so much anger. For what? She realized. 'No.' She thought. 'Don't do it, don't take that step. I beg you.' To who? The curse? Herself? She took a step. 'Stop! Please, I can't control, I need,' "Blood." Said a voice. 'No! I don't need blood.' "Revenge." 'No, stop! "Power, relief." 'Shut up! Just shut up.' The voice laughed, then went away. The curse called to her. Kill it said. Devour. Destroy. 'No' she took a step, then another, then she was running. She couldn't explain it. She was in control but not in control at the same time. She ran and ran, following a scent. 'What is that? It's familiar.' She thought. 'But where?' The voice came back. "Go after it. Destroy. Kill." It's said. 'Aaahhh!' She screamed. She couldn't hold back. She was gone. Everything went black. The voice laughed more. Like it was having fun or making fun of her. "Good doggy. Now, kill." It said. She opened her eyes. (Imma put the wolf instead of Dakota so you won't get confused.) The wolf stood, the scent she smelled was here. But far. She started to run, hunt. She followed the scent.
____________________________________________________________

"Diaval." Maleficent said. "Yes." He answered. "She's awake." She said shakily. Diaval sighed and closed his eyes. He hoped it wouldn't be true, hoped she would fight through it. "Alright, now what?" He said softly. "We wait." Maleficent said.
____________________________________________________________