The Battle and the Curse

Swords clashed together making sparks of fire, magic hit magic turning it into lightning, arrows flew like free birds, shouts and yelling were heard from a million miles.
Dakota lay on the ground, blood running down her forehead from and impact with a catapult ball that was thrown. Everything slowed down like if the world decided to make time go slower. It was silent, everything was slowly starting to come back. Humans and monsters fighting, clashing with each swing of a weapon. A dragon flew over her spitting fire at the enemy. It was black, big, and feathery, almost looking like a huge bird. It was Diaval, he ignited a catapult on fire. She looked to her right and saw Maleficent dive, sending a group of, what should they be called, skeleton monsters, zombies, undead, it didn't matter. They went flying off anyways. She saw Philip tackle one and send it bumping into others. She looked to her left and saw Gina throw her sword straight into one of the skeleton's head. She morphed into a wolf and tackled another, biting it's head clean off. Dakota stood up looked in time to see a mace being thrown her way. She dodged and glared back at the skeleton. Morphing into a wolf she went after it taking it down. She heard a loud roar and saw Diaval go down, hitting the ground. He morphed into a a lion and rammed into a group of skeletons. Buy the time the battle finished the sun was setting over the horizon. Maleficent hovered over the ground searching for any skeleton they missed, eyes glowing and daring for one of them to move. The others were near a carriage that survived the battle. Diaval leaned against the back edge of the carriage, having a wide cut he took on his leg by a great sword, bruises on his face and another cut on his side. Philip sat on the other side, having taken out an arrow that pierced through his armor out of his right shoulder. He had a large cut on his left arm taken from a spear and a big dark bruise on his face from getting hit by a shield. Gina sat in the carriage, armor abandoned, clutching her right side of her ribs. She might've broken one from taking on one of the bigger opponents. She had bruises as well all over her face. Dakota lay on the carriage, legs dangling off the edge. She looked up at the cloudless pinkish-orange sky. She had a small cut on her cheek and a gash on her left shoulder and a big bruise on her neck, plus the hit she took on her head. Her cape was shredded. She had a scratch on her right arm that cut her through her armor. She didn't even remember getting scratched by anything. Some of the soldiers that survived, maybe a few dozen, helped separate their own and lay them down in groups.
"So, that went well." Diaval started, wincing at the pain on his leg. Philip looked at him and smiled. "To think your sense of humor would be put out right now was an understatement." Diaval chuckled and looked back at the girls. "You guys okay?" Gina looked up from the spot she was looking at and smiled. "Never better." Diaval nodded and looked down at Dakota. "Dakota?" She blinked a few times before raising her head to look at him. "I'm fine." She said softly. Philip looked at Maleficent in question. "How did she come off clean?" He said curiously. Diaval looked at him and to Maleficent. "She can heal, remember? And she didn't come off clean. I saw her take some hits." Philip nodded and decided to join his men in honoring the ones that didn't survive. Diaval looked at him walk away and talk to the soldiers. "You should go talk to her." Gina said softly. Diaval looked at her and then at Maleficent. "Yes, maybe I should." He said, limping towards Maleficent.

"You okay, love?" She heard Diaval say behind her. She was so focused on the corpses she didn't even hear him approach her. Diaval reached up behind her and and put his hands on her shoulders making her finally touch the ground. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. "It's over Mal, their all gone." He said softly. Maleficent gave a slow nod and looked at him. She frowned when she saw the bruises and raised her hand to heal them. She pulled out of the embrace and looked him over. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said healing the cut on his side and on his leg. "That's going to leave another scar." She said softly looking up at him. He smirked and winked at her. "Another one you'll admire when we're alone." Maleficent chuckled. "Speaking of alone." She raised her hand to her stomach and checked on the growing babe. She smiled when her magic turned into a pinkish-purple color. "I'm guessing it's okay." Diaval said happily. Maleficent smiled up at him and gave him a soft loving kiss. "You should check on the girls." Diaval said caressing her cheek softly. Maleficent nodded, took his hand, and walked towards the carriage.