The Next Day

"Dakota, wake up." Maleficent said softly shaking her shoulder. Dakota opened her eyes blinking a few times to let her eyes adjust to the light. "It's time to go sweetheart." Dakota sat up rubbed her face with both hands. Maleficent rubs her back. "We'll be okay. I'll go get breakfast." Maleficent said getting of the bed and walking out the door. Dakota laid back on the bed, arms stretched out over the blanket. She sighed and closed her eyes. Her thoughts took her soft blankets, comfty pillows, warm bed, and WHACK! "Wake up sleepy head." Maleficent said trying to keep in her laugh. Dakota smiled at the ceiling and opened her eyes. "Did you have to hit me with the pillow. I was almost nodding off." Maleficent laughed and looked down at her. "Our breakfast is here." Maleficent said walking to a basket filled with fruits. The smell of meat and eggs made Dakota jump of the bed and dig into her food. "Carnivore." Maleficent said biting an apple. "Thank you." Dakota said while chewing her food."A lady does not chew with her mouth full." Maleficent said smiling. Dakota swallowed her food. "Yes, a lady shouldn't talk with her mouth full." Dakota said exaggerating the words 'a lady'. Maleficent chuckled taking another bite of her apple. A knock came from the door, Dakota went to answer it. "Ladies, I don't mean to interrupt but I forgot to mention something about Dakota's past." Zara said waiting to be let into the room. "Oh, uh, come in. We were just finishing breakfast." Dakota said closing the door after Zara walked in. Zara sat a the edge of the bed and waited for Dakota to sit down. Maleficent finished her apple and walked to a window in the room. "This might come out a little hard, but it has to be said. Before you left something terrible happened. When you were leaving your parents tried to stop you but you didn't listen. And in your parents act came anger. Anger, from you. It seemed that you were set on leaving only to protect your sister and in your parents stopping you, you got angry. Angry because you thought they were trying to keep your sister from bieng safe. And since you were the protextive one you let rage take over you and you morphed into a wolf. This act caused them to jump back and also caused your dad to morph too. Unfortunately this turned into a challenge and you both fought. Your mother stood out from range while you fought. Your father was a very strong man but your rage was far worse than any warewolf has gone through and, you killed him." Dakota gasped raising a hand to her mouth, looking at the floor. Maleficent sat beside her and hugged her. "Do you want me to stop?" Zara asked worriedly. Dakota sighed, "What else happened?" she asked. Zara sighed and continued. "Your mother tried to avenge your father's death but unfortunately she was killed in the process. Your sister saw and she called your name out and you stopped. That is why you ran off." Zara finished. "Oh God." Dakota said running out the door and throwing up in a bush. Maleficent was right behind her rubbing her back. "It's okay Dakota. You didn't mean too. It wasnt your fault." Maleficent said softly. "How could it not have been my fault?!" Dakota yelled out and stood up, tears in her eyes. "I killed my own parents! That's not okay! It's never okay to do something as cruel as that!" Dakota said, tears falling down her cheeks. Maleficent hugged her tightly while she cried into her shoulder. "Shh Dakota. It isn't your fault. You were only reacting to something you thought was right. You don't have to blame yourself foe this." Maleficent said. Zara stood behind watching. 'I should've never told her. Some things are just meant to stay hidden.' She thought. Dakota stopped crying and rubbed the tears away. She blinked a few times and looked at Zara. "I remember I had a dream far back. About the man in the cloak. He said why do I put everyone I love in danger. I guess i figured out what he meant."  Zara looked at her questioningly. Dakota was opened her mouth to say something when she saw a figure standing far off in the distance. She focused her eyes on the mysterious person. "What do you see?" Maleficent asked softly. "I may be young but I ain't stupid. And I have a gut feeling that that's Zander." Dakota said with disgust. Zara turned to look and gasped. "He's here. He knows. You must leave, now, go!" She said pulling them with her. "Go find your sister, tell her to come back. He's trying to stall you from getting to her. Don't let anything distract you Dakota. This is how he works. He'll do anything to stop you. Go now, find her, bring her back, and try not to kill anything." Zara said leading them out the village to a forest. "This is where she vanished. It won't be easy to find her. But you have to try." Zara finished motioning for someone to bring a bag of supplies. "You well need this. Who knows how long you'll be in there for. You don't have much time though. Your birthday is almost here. Go now." Zara said handing them the bag. Maleficent looked to the forest and back at Dakota. "Ready?" She said. "Always." Dakota said smiling and took the bag. They started walking into the forest until they were sure that they were deep inside. Dakota took off of the necklace and held it in front of her. It glowed a little brighter when she took a step forward. "Let's hope she's close." Maleficent said starting to walk after Dakota. "You know flying would be a lot easier. But I guess it doesn't work like that." Dakota said almost tripping over a rock. Maleficent chuckled a little and Dakota smiled back.

Back at the castle Diaval was looking out at the mountain. A breeze blew a lock of hair away from his face. "Daddy how long will they be gone?" Arietta asked tugging on his shirt. "How about we finish decorating the garden before your mom gets here." Diaval said kneeling down to Arietta's height. Arietta smiled and nodded. Diaval took her hand and walked off to the garden. 'If you don't come back when the sun rises again I well look for you Maleficent. No matter what.' Diaval thought.

"Okay, you don't mind giving me a lift, would you?" Dakota said looking up a the high cliff. "How did she even get up there? Did she climb it or, maybe there's another way." She said. "Well I'd rather do it the short way." Maleficent said grabbing Dakota bridal style. One flap of her wings and they were at the top. Maleficent put Dakota down chuckling at the state of her hair. "You could've warned me you know." Dakota said fixing her hair. "Now I look like I got hit by lightning." Maleficent chuckled. "Wolves don't fly you know." Dakota said to a still chuckling Maleficent. Dakota started giggling and they both ended up laughing for a minute. "Ok ok, let's keep walking." Dakota said raising the necklace. Maleficent put her arm around Dakota's shoulder and they started walking. They past a stone path that lead to some place dark. Then they hopped across a river on some rocks. They ended up laughing over getting scared by a bunny that ran off into some bushes and saw some deers eating grass near a small fountain covered in some flowers. "You think they'll run if they see us?" Dakota whispered. "Maybe not, they would've heard us coming." Maleficent whispered back. Dakota shrugged her shoulders. Maleficent came out from hiding and slowly walked towards the deers. One raised it's head and it's ears and looked at her. Maleficent bent down and plucked some grass from the ground and reached out to give it to the deer. It seemed to think for a second before it walked towards her and took the grass from her hand. Maleficent pet it on it's cheek and moves to it's neck. She looked back at Dakota motioning her to come. Dakota hesitated before she walked out from her hiding spot and walked towards Maleficent and the deer. "Take some grass from the ground." Maleficent said softly. Dakota did as she was told and before she knew it the deer was eating from her hand. She smiled and looked up at Maleficent who was smiling back at her. Then just like out of nowhere a fawl walked over to them. Maleficent smiled and got down on her knees and gave her some grass. "I have a better idea." Maleficent said quietly taking some grass and using her magic to turn the pieces into seeds. Dakota looked surprised before she realized 'she is a faery after all'. Maleficent handed her some seeds and they both fed the deers quietly. After a few minutes of enjoying their time feeding the deers they headed back to the path they were on. "Why didn't theyrrun? They usually do." Dakota said confusingly. "They could sense that there wasn't any danger. Although I do have some perks on making animals feel safe." Maleficent said smiling at the last part. Dakota thought for a second before finally realising what she said. "Oh haha, very funny." She said smiling. Maleficent chuckled and they carried on walking. "How do you think she'll react when she sees me?" Dakota suddenly asked stopping in her tracks. Maleficent stopped and looked at her. "I don't know. She hasn't seen you in years. She could be angry, relieved, happy." She said seeing Dakota's face fall a little. "If it was me I'll would probably tackle you to the ground out of mere happiness." Dakota chuckled and looked at her. "Yea, maybe you might tackle me. Again." Maleficent laughed and hugged Dakota. "I love you, you should know that at least." Dakota hugged her back. "I know...mom" She said softly. Maleficent hugged her more tightly at the mention of the word 'mom'. "I'll never get used to that. Anytime you say mom it reminds me of that little girl I rescued." Dakota pulled away and smiled. "Well, it was either rescue me or stay stuck with Diaval throughout your pregnancy." Maleficent laughed laying her head on Dakota's shoulder. "I don't think I would've survived without you. He was so protective." Dakota laughed remembering the time Diaval freaked out because Maleficent went out to walk on her own knowing full well that every fairy in the moors was keeping an eye on her. Maleficent lefted her head smiled. "Come on, we should keep walking." They both continued walking for at least 2 hours before they took another break. "Did you ever think this necklace was a little too easy to find? I mean it was just laying there." Dakota said taking a bite from a pear that was in the bag she was carrying. "Yes I did. It seemed very easy. Maybe fate did it. Or maybe someone put it there, maybe they knew you were coming." Maleficent said taking a bite from her apple. "All well, I won't complain. At least we didn't have to go through the trouble of looking for it." After they finished they continued walking, laughing once in awhile. After almost 2 more hours of walking they reached a cave where  necklace shined really bright. "She's here." Dakota said. Maleficent squeezed her shoulder and nodded. Dakota nodded and looked towards the cave entrance.
____________________________________
The picture for this chapter is idk..i just did it. Anyways thats how Dakota looks guys. :)
Next chapter coming soon...