Saving William Part 2

"Alright, do you all understand?" Maleficent asked. Everyone in the dining room nodded. "Your highness, they have arrived." a maid said. "Bring them in." Maleficent said smiling. "So before they come in, what's gonna happen after we do what you said?" Dakota asked. "Don't worry about that. It's all taken cared of." Maleficent said.

The doors to the dining room opened. "Presenting Sir William and his mother." One of the butlers announced. William walked in happy and excited and bowed to both queens. His 'mother' walked in and greeted them with a bow. "It's an honor to have dinner with the queens of this land." she said. "Rise." Maleficent said. "You may take a sit." she finished walking to her seat. Diaval pulled the chair out for Maleficent and pulled her back in when she sat down giving her a peck on the cheek. She smiled and watched him sit next to her. William sat in between Maleficent and Aurora, smiling at the both of them. Maleficent could see the worry in his eyes which made her all the more angry and alert. "So miss?" Aurora said asking for a name. "Oh! I'm sorry your majesty I haven't said my name. Eglantine. My name is Eglantine." the woman said smiling. "That's a pretty name." Aurora said smiling. "Well miss Eglantine, are you married?" Maleficent asked. "Well, I'm...I'm a widow. My husband died years ago, before William was born. I was 4 months." Eglantine said. The doors to the dining room opened and in came the food. Plates were set before them with cups, forks, knifes, and spoons.
"It must be hard raising a child alone? I don't I could do it alone." Aurora said taking a piece of bread. Diaval grabbed a knife and started cutting the meat. "So how did your husband die? If I may ask." Dakota said grabbing a piece of meat and giving it to Gina. "He was um..he was, let's just say that's meant for another time." Eglantine said.

After they all ate Aurora went to prepare the announcement. William was taken to a room to change and Eglantine as well. "William?" Maleficent said knocking on the door. "Coming." William said on the other side. It was another minute before he opened the door. "Yes?" he said. "May we come in?" Maleficent asked. William smiled and opened the door to let everyone in. Diaval, Dakota, Gina, Arietta, and Maleficent all walked in the room. "Is something wrong?" He asked. Maleficent smiled and took his hands. "William, I can see in your eyes the worry you had at the dining room. Tell me what your so worried about. Is it the about today?" she asked. William frowned and looked at the floor. Maleficent looked at the group and back at William. She kneeled on both her knees and raised his chin to look at her. "William. You can tell me." she said softly. "Yea, you can tell her. You can tell her anything." Arietta said walking up to her mother. "It's true. She won't look at you differently." Dakota said smiling. Diaval walked up to them and kneeled down smiling at him. William looked around at all of them and back at Maleficent. Tears started to swell in his eyes. "Take your time William. There's no rush." Maleficent said smiling. William took a breath and spoke. "She's..She's not my mother." he said softly. "Who is she?" Maleficent said caressing a tear away. "I don't know. She..she killed my family. III'm the only one left. She's a witch." William said sobbing a little. Maleficent looked at Diaval and back at William. "William, why didn't you call for help?" she asked. William cried, "She was going to kill me." he said. Maleficent took a breath and looked at Diaval. He got the message and walked out of the room to warn the guards to be ready. Maleficent went to hug William but he stopped her. "Wait." he said taking out a knife from under his cloak. It was an iron knife. Dakota walked up and took the knife. "She gave this to you?" she asked. "No, it was mine. I was going to...to kill her." William said. "Well then, you should know. Iron burns fairies." "WHAT?!" William yelled taking some steps back away from Maleficent. "William it's okay, you didn't know." Maleficent said grabbing his arms softly. "I could've killed you." he said, tears falling from his eyes. "Noo William, I would've been okay." Maleficent said smiling. A knock came from the door and Aurora walked in. "It's time Godmother." Maleficent nodded and looked at William, caressing his tears away with her thumbs. "Eglantine says that crying makes you weak." he said. "Crying does not make you weak. It makes you stronger. In here." Maleficent said pointing at his heart. William smiled and hugged her. Maleficent tensed a little but returned the hug kindly. "Come, we have a kingdom to name." she sais taking his hand.