The Hidden Secret Part 1

Dakota was right, when Maleficent and Diaval woke up they were beyond happy. Diaval hugged her tightly and Maleficent tackled her to the ground giving her hugs and kisses. "Miss me that much huh?" Dakota said laughing. Everyone joined in on the hugs and ended up on the floor in a circle talking about things that happened these past few days. "Um, I have something to tell you guys. It's um, about the... dream I had." Dakota hesitated. Maleficent put an arm around her, comforting her so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Dakota swallowed thinking of how to start what she was trying to say. She took a breath and started. "I..it..ok, it was strange. Um...I'll just skip to the ending where it's most important. There was this man in a cloak. He had a scar from the top left of his head to the bottom right of his chin. He had a blind eye also. I could see his face but I don't recall seeing him before. I was about to attack him when I started to have flashbacks of a girl. It felt like a memory." she stared at the floor thinking of who that girl could've been. Maleficent put a hand on her shoulder, she snapped out of her thoughts and continued. "Anyways, the man said something, and I can't seem to remember why he said it. He said 'why must I hurt everyone I love?'" Everyone looked at her confused as to what she was saying. "Maybe I should tell you from the beginning. But your not gonna like it." Dakota told them what she saw in her dream from the beginning to the end. Arietta crawled into her mother's lap snuggling into her embrace. No one said anything for a few minutes. Diaval was the first one to speak. "Maleficent, what she said about the claw marks, it sounds familiar." Maleficent thought about it for a minute and then looked down at Arietta. "Sweet heart, you think you can remember the dream you had when we got to the castle?" she said caressing her cheek. Arietta nodded lifting her head from her mother's shoulder. "I saw a monster with red eyes a-and long c-claws." she said tearing up. Maleficent hugged her, and kissed her on the forehead. Dakota started to think about it. She touched Arietta's hand and was about to speak when a very painful headache hit her. "Ah!" Dakota started to have another flashback. "Dakota! Dakotaaa! There you are. Look what I made." the girl showed her a beautifully crafted necklace. It looked like a very elegant twig with little vines around it and a beautiful moonstone in the center. "The moonstone glows. Aaand it's for you." she said giggling. Dakota looked at the necklace but before she could look up at who it was that gave her the necklace she was back in the room with a worried Maleficent, Diaval, Aurora, and Arietta looking at her. "Are you alright Dakota?" Aurora asked. Dakota looked at everyone. "Yes I just..had another flashback." "What did you see?" Diaval asked. "I saw a necklace." Dakota said. "That's it, just a necklace?" Maleficent asked. "I heard a girl but I didn't see her face...she was calling me cause she was giving me the necklace." "Its seems strange to have visions of another girl. You don't remember anything of this girl Dakota?" Aurora asked. "I don't know. I don't remember meeting anyone since before I got rescued by Maleficent. Well, except the farmer that is. Bastard." "If I may ask, how did you get captured?" Diaval said curiously. Dakota furrowed here eyebrows and looked down at the floor. "I was running. But I can't remember from what. My body morphed itself without my command and then I just blacked out. All I remember was feeling something tying me up by the legs and then I woke up in the farm. The man wouldn't feed me, that's why I couldn't fight back. I was so weak. I was there for maybe 2 weeks until Maleficent showed up. I do admit I was curious about her. I've never seen a faery in my entire life. She morphed me back into a human which was when my body gave me back my power to morph and now I'm here." Dakota looked back up. Everyone was staring at her. "Ok ok, maybe we need a break from all this. Why don't we help outside." Everyone nodded and headed outside. Maleficent and Diaval helped get rid of the big snake while Arietta and Dakota helped calm the kids. Aurora went to check on Philip and help with anything else. "A-aren't you M-maleficent's daughter?" One of the children asked Arietta. "Yes. I mean you can tell." she giggled. The children started to laugh and gathered up around her. "We saw what your dad and mom did to the snake. It was cool." Dakota smiled and walked up to them. "Well then would you like to hear the full story?" All the kids cheered and sat around Arietta and Dakota. "Can I tell them?" Arietta asked. "Of course." Dakota chuckled. Arietta started telling them everything that happened when Maleficent came out of nowhere and made it even more dramatic. Soon Diaval joined in and all you heard was laughing from a half destroyed house. Aurora and Philip came in and joined in the laughter. After a while everyone went back to their houses to rest. Aurora and Philip went to thank the people that helped remove the snake. Dakota and Arietta ran ahead to the castle entrance with Maleficent and Diaval behind. Suddenly they heard footsteps coming their way. Maleficent turned around and gasped when one of the little boys hugged her. "Thank you for the story." he said looking up at her. Maleficent looked at Diaval and back down at the boy. She smiled and and hugged him back. "Your welcome." "Nicholas." called a woman from a house. "Coming mother. Goodnight." he said waving goodbye. Maleficent stood up and looked at a smiling Diaval. "What?" "Nothing." Diaval said walking away. "Diaval." Maleficent said walking after him. "Diaval don't you dare ignore me." she called after a laughing Diaval. The family ate and laughed all after noon long till it was time to sleep. Which Arietta fell asleep on a wolf Dakota, which Dakota had to carry her on her back till Maleficent came and carried her to her bed. And so the family slept peacefully with no nightmares and no disturbances. For now.