The Hidden Secret Part 4

Dakota listened intently while Zara started the story way from the beginning. "In a night when the moon was full and big," she started, "two sisters were born from the same womb. Their names were Gina and Dakota. Gina, meaning silvery, was shy, playful, and curious. Dakota, meaning friend or ally was brave, smart and protective. The two girls lived very happily, they got along, they protected each other, they loved each other like any sister could have. But one day while they played in a field with their parents a man approached them. He asked for power over their council and to be named chief of their tribe. The father of the two girls stood up to the man and threatened him to leave the tribe before he sent his troops after him. The man was enraged and decided that since the father didn't step down from his rank he cursed the sisters. They were to live happily, till one reached the age of 17. On their 17th birthday one was to loose control and kill her family and everything that got in her path. The man disappeared before the father could do anything. From that day on the girls lived in fear that one would hurt the other and so their connection was cut. Gina would try to play but Dakota would push her away. The girls shared a room which were soon separated. One would try to play but the other would push her away. On their 9th birthday they fought and one ran to protect the other. The other tried to find her but never succeeded so she isolated herself in a cave never to be bothered. The other was captured and stuck in her wolf form forever. So the two sisters lived separate lives until their next meeting. And from there on they were called The Cursed Twins." Zara looked at Dakota, "Now, do you remember everything child?" Dakota was looking at the ground deep in thought. Her eyes looked up at Zara, "So I'm the cursed child?" she asked. Zara nodded and stood up. "And the man, who is he, what's his name?" Zara walked towards a window and spoke. "His name is Zander. He was once part of this tribe. He always wore a cloak around him," she was cut off by Dakota, "Does...Does he have a scar going from the top left of his head to the bottom right of his chin and a blind left eye?" she looked at Zara. Zara turned around to look at her. "You've seen him before? Where?" She asked. Maleficent sitting at the couch sat straight, still listening quietly. "It was a dream. It was at the castle." Suddenly a large pain shot through her head. "Agh!" Dakota fell on her knees. Maleficent was at her side in an instant. "Aagghh!" Dakota yelled. Maleficent was ready to use her magic when Zara stopped her. "No! You must let it pass. It's part of the curse. This is what she has to go through." Maleficent stood and stepped back. Dakota breathed deeply, stood and clinched her head with her hand. Her eyes turned yellow for a couple of seconds. They started to dim until the yellow was gone. Maleficent walked up to her, "Dakota." she said and hugged her. Dakota layed her head on her shoulder and looked at Zara and hugged Maleficent back. Zara looked at them, curious at the affection the child was showing. That's when she saw the necklace Dakota was wearing. "That necklace, where did you get it?" Dakota pulled away from the hug and touched the necklace. "I found it while we walked through the path. Its started to glow when Maleficent used her magic. I dreamed of it too. When Gina gave it to me." Zara nodded and walked into another room. "I'll be back." she said. Dakota and Maleficent sat down on the couch. "It's made out of fur." Dakota said curiously. Maleficent chuckled and laid back, her wings lowering themselves to a more comfortable position. "So you have a sister. Well, another sister, a twin." Maleficent started turning her head to look at Dakota. "Yea i guess. It seems weird but less, lonley." Dakota said smiling. Maleficent smiled and opened her mouth to say something when Zara appeared at the door with a bowl. "Dakota may I see your necklace?" Dakota stood up and took the necklace off and handed it to Zara. She poured water and some kind of powder into the bowl. It started to light up a bit. "If this works, then there's hope that you might find your sister. But I may have to warn you, she hasn't seen one person or bieng ever since that day." "If Gina is still where she isolated herself, isn't there a chance that I could harm her. I mean I'm the one that got cursed, why should I put her in danger?" Dakota said worriedly. "And there it is. Your protective side. That's what got you to leave in the first place." Zara said. "I don't even remember why I left! I barley remember anything from my past, and I don't know why! Maybe it was part of the curse maybe I hit a rock! Don't you think that maybe we got separated for a reason!?" Dakota yelled. Maleficent went to calm her her but Dakota pushed her away. "Dakota listen! Fate brought you here for a reason that I don't even know of. But I can help. You came here to find answers because I'm pretty sure you kept looking over here to the mountain. You're meant to be here. And I don't know if you want to continue complaining over this but you're running out of time. How many times have you had the instinct to look at the moon?" Zara asked. "Almost every moment from this night. Why?" Dakota said. "Because it means that the curse is closing in. It's almost here, your birthday is coming. Now you have a choice. Either you go out there and meet your sister and make her come out her isolation to die alone, or you walk away and watch as the curse works it's way into your mind and makes you go hostile on the poeple you love." Zara said looking at Dakota sternly. Maleficent stepped in, "Dakota, don't you want to meet your long lost sister?" she said softly. Dakota sighed and smiled. "Well then what are we waiting for?" Zara handed Dakota the glowing necklace. "This will lead you to her. Whenever you get closer it will shine brighter. Now go and bring back your sister. You have till your birthday." They started walking out the front door. "Oh one more thing, the man carries a satchel with a dragon holding a sword carved to it if that helps." Zara called out. Maleficent and Dakota looked at each other and back at Zara. "That helps immensely." Maleficent said. They started to walk out the door again. "Wait! You should spend the night here. The tribe loves to meet new people." Zara said happily. "Oh that's okay we dont want to bother. Or really in the mood for a party or any social meeting." Dakota said. "Alright, then at least rest for the night." Zara smiled kindly. Dakota and Maleficent sighed. "Alright." they both said at the time. Zara lead them to an inn near her house where they could eat and sleep till morning.

"So close yet so far from freedom." said a voice from afar watching Maleficent and Dakota as they ate and laughed with some villagers. "You will lose," the voices eyes glared at the two. "Princess." with the last word it disappeared into the night.
____________________________________
Eey eeeeey sooo was it good. I hope so. :) more coming soon.