The Curse Part 4

The battle commenced, swords meeting magic, flesh meeting claws. Gina took the chance to disappear behind them and headed towards the cage holding Dakota. The wolf looked at her and then growled, baring her teeth, eyes focused on the prey. "Dakota, you have to fight this. You can't let him win." She said to the wolf, as if answering her the wolf tried to attack. It hit the cage hard, shaking the cage. Gina stepped back and turned her head to see Maleficent tackle a few men with her wings. She landed on the ground and threw a man into the air where Diaval jumped and took his head into his jaws leaving him limp on the ground. "Woah, they really know how to use some teamwork." Gina smiled. She sighed and turned back to look at her sister trapped in a raged cursed wolf. "If you won't fight then I will. I won't stand around and hide anymore. I know you're still in there somewhere." She said morphing into her wolf form. She turned and ran into a few men, biting down on there necks.
____________________________________________________________

"Sir, there seems to be smoke coming from the fields. Should I send my men to investigate." Zeg said. "Your majesty, they've changed locations." Zara interrupted. Philip looked towards the fields. He sighed and looked down at Zara. "Show us the way." Zara nodded, morphed into a wolf, and ran into a path heading towards the field.
____________________________________________________________

"You will not win this battle Maleficent." Zander said dodging a blow of her magic. "Why not forfeit and head home and pretend there's nothing wrong." Maleficent swung her wing at him, her horn slightly cutting his arm. "Only cowards run.And I am no coward." Zander took out his sword and swung it at her, making her back up. Gina came in and jumped on him making him drop his sword. Zander pushed her off making her run into another group of men. Maleficent went to attack but he disappeared into the crowd. A man came from behind her and grabbed her in a choke hold, of course he didn't last long because Diaval came and tackled both of them dragging the man away but leaving Maleficent unharmed. She smirked and stood up leaping to the air. She looked around for Zander when she saw him opening the cage that held Dakota. Maleficent gasped and looked for Gina, she was busy fighting off some men with the help of Diaval.
____________________________________________________________

"Aurora?" Arietta asked. "Yes sweetheart?" Aurora said. "I kept a secret. Maybe it wasn't a good idea." Arietta said frowning. Aurora smiled and told her to continue. "Well, I do t know if it was a dream but, I saw a woman and a man. They were in a place that was bright and peaceful. The woman, well, she kinda looked like Dakota and Gina. They told me, 'Don't lose hope, there's always a way', what did they mean?" She asked. "It means that maybe everything will turn alright after all." Aurora smiled.
____________________________________________________________

"Gina! Behind you!" Maleficent yelled to her. Gina turned around, seeing her sister being set free from her cage. 'Oh great.' She thought to herself. Her sister started charging after her, taking down everyone in her path. Everyone stepped out of the way, letting the wolf run past them. 'Now what?' She asked herself. That's when she saw Diaval tackle her away in chis lion form. The wolf stood back up and growled at him and he growled back. "Now my people, you will see my success in my revenge. Stand back and learn." Zander said smugly. The wolf pounced on Diaval, biting his neck but Diaval thought fast and flipped both of them over making the wolf let go. He got back up and blocked the way again. The wolf stood back up and growled again. 'Stay down Dakota, please.' Diaval thought. Gina morphed back into a human, slightly breathing heavy but still standing tall. "Oh isn't that sweet. Protecting those they don't even know well. Is it that mother instinct or maybe that fatherly protectiveness. It seems that the all powerful Maleficent can be tamed. How does it feel?" Zander said chuckling. "She is not tamed nor will she ever be you crazed cow. It seems childish of you to be tempting those which could over power you. Or have you forgotten your place in ranks. I've studied you from a distance Zander. I've seen what you do and why. You think yourself invisible or maybe immortal, but even you can see past your lies. You kill those that put you in your place or that don't listen to your orders. In the outside you're a big brute but in the inside there's a scared little girl waiting to be set free." Gina said smirking at the last part of her small speech. Zander's head was as red as a tomato. His men snickered and smirked. "HOW DARE YOU! You dare speak to me that way! You will pay for your insolence. You will learn to respect those higher than you. I-" "You are nothing but a man whose gone power hungry. You are as high to me as a chiken in a coot. Have you forgotten to who, you speak, or do I have to remind you. You think just because I couldn't do anything when I was younger that I won't do anything now? There was no reason for you to start this war. You could've been welcome and ranked into our pack but I guess that wasn't enough for you. No you couldn't deal with eating next to royalty so you tried to take it instead. And how did that work out for you?" Gina interrupted. Zander chuckled. "Simple, I made both of your lives hell. I took away something precious that could have turned into something much deeper then the love of a sister. You both would've ruled strongly, maybe even made honorable wives to future kings. But, oh yea, I took that away. I cursed you both into something worse then a nightmare." He said, his anger flaming in his eyes. At that point Gina realized everything he said was true. Both her and Dakota might have had a beautiful life. But that life was gone. The past is the past. Nothing would be the same but that didn't mean they couldn't be happy. They were already happy where they were. Wasn't that enough, to be happy with those you love and come to love together. They were together. Maybe separate again but still together. She remembered when her and Dakota would run around the castle, running from the cook because they stole the jar of cookies again. She remembered when some boys came and bullied her and Dakota stepped up making them run off. Or when their mother would tuck them into bed and sing a lullaby. And when she found the perfect stone to make a necklace. Gina's eyes watered up, but she smiled instead. "You're right." She said softly. Zander put on a smug grin. "But, even though you took away our future that didn't mean we couldn't make a new one. You separated us but brought us closer then before. You took away our family but gave us a new one. You've taught us what it means to love and protect. To trust and believe. To never give up. And I thank you for that." Zander frowned. "Enough talk!" He yelled sending a ball of fire straight at her. Maleficent stepped in and used her wings to deflect the magic, getting her wings burned in the process. She yelled and fell to her knees. "Maleficent!" Gina said, checking her wings. Diaval turned to Zander, rage filled in his eyes, teeth bared out, and then a loud roar. He jumped over Dakota and went after Zander. Zander slightly panicked and called his men to protect him. He kept backing up until he bumped into something furry. He turned to see a huge pack of wolves and the royal army standing in front of him. "I'm guessing you're Zander." Philip said seriously. "Men!" Zander yelled, running through the crowd of men that came running towards the army. As all this happened the wolf looked over at Diaval a bit confused and then turned back to look at her target. She started stalking to Gina who was busy helping Maleficent back up.
____________________________________________________________