Secretly Leaving

A/N: Well,

I hope you are prepared for this!

I felt something cold, running over my forehead and down my temples, then I heard my name being called anxiously by a familiar voice. I blinked a couple of times, then lifted my hand to shield my eyes from the bright light, that was blinding me and groaned.

"Oh thank God!", the voice blurted out and I was pulled into a tight embrace. I knew this smell and the way his body felt on mine and then I remembered.

"Gabriel!", I whispered, feeling his tension resolve and the grip around me loosen, "what's going on? Did I get hurt again?"

I wondered if there had been another akumatized villain and if I had once more become collateral damage. But that couldn't be, we hadn't even tried for weeks now, at least not since the first time we..... Then it came all back at once. We went to the school dance and the pink drink was disgusting and we came to the locker room, to have some water and we were sitting on the bench talking, when I said some things, I hadn't meant to come out so harsh. I had tried to keep him from running away from me, but then....nothing. The next I knew, was the weird feeling of water on my forehead. I noticed now, that there still was something annoyingly running along my cheeks now, that Gabriel had pulled me into a more upright position with his hug.

I reached for it with one hand and pulled the staple of wet paper towels from my face.

"Ugh", I lamented, when the water now ran down my arm to my elbow. "What happened? Did you do....no, you wouldn't. Why am I on the ground?"

I tried to sit up a little more, but the concerned man wouldn't let me.

"Slowly! I don't want you passing out again!", he said sternly.

"Again?", I wondered. So that's why everything went black.

"How are you feeling now? I would suggest, to take you to a hospital, to have you examined. I am really starting to worry. When you told me after our first night together, that you just had had the first calm weeks since you moved in, the year before, I didn't think much about it, but right now? I am not scared, you might be pregnant but rather, that you are suffering under something else. You said something about not having your period, when you're under stress, so you most likely weren't ovulating over that time either. Don't stare at me like that, I can use google too, you know!"

That made me chuckle.

"Can you just relax? It wasn't the first time in my life, that I passed out. I did, when my maman told me about my father's accident, I did, when I realized, that we were going to lose our apartment, though luckily, I made it into my room, so my mother didn't notice, and I did, when we were dancing on the after party, even though I couldn't remember at first, but over the last weeks I bit by bit did and it was the same, I was overwhelmed by what I was feeling and my brain put me into a timeout, until I felt able to cope. Just now, I said things, I....damn.....I didn't want to be mean to you, I.....I....."

Tears began to fill my eyes and I had myself worked up so much again, that I was panting and started to feel dizzy again. But Gabriel had noticed, that I was just having some kind of panic attack and just pulled me into his lap, holding me close and kept talking about everything he could think of. I didn't even listen and he knew. He went on anyway, so I not only would be able to feel his presence, but also hear his voice.

At some point, I relaxed into his arms, my breathing slowed down and I could follow his words again. They made me giggle, because he had been so desperate, trying to find any things to talk about, that he was reciting poems he had most likely learned before he could even read.