How to keep a workaholic on bed rest

When I woke again, it was already nine o'clock and I stretched and yawned, to then get to my feet and stroll into the bathroom, emptying my bladder, while reaching for the faucet to start the water in the shower already, so it would be warm once I stepped under it.

Taking my time, to wash and shave, I toweled my whole body off afterwards, then applied some oil to my belly, to avoid any stretch marks as long as possible. I sighed, when I stood in front of the mirror and saw a few just tiny yet visible, blueish shimmering lines on the bottom of my bump. Rubbing it tenderly, I looked down and for the first time really spoke directly to my son:

"Hey my sweet, little boy! You must grow a little slower. Your mummy needs her flawless body to make a living for us!"

I giggled, then added:

"I was just kidding. Your daddy and I are really happy, that you are big and strong. And I promise to you, whatever the future holds, I will always try to depend my decisions on what is best for you! And well, right now, though I still somewhat love your daddy, Sean makes me very happy. And I've been reading about babies inside the womb and that they can sense their mother's mood. So.....me feeling happy means at the same time, you being happy, right?", I whispered the next words, "and he's handsome! But we'll keep that a secret, yeah?"

As if he had truly understood my words, he kicked strongly against my hand and I smiled happily and sighed.

I quickly put on a wide, flowing beach dress and some panties, and placed myself on the desk in front of the window, enjoying the warmth of the sun and gazing outside at the many people passing by. My eyes though narrowed at a very familiar car, that was still parked, where we had gotten out of it last night.

Why was Sean's car still there? Did he have problems with it? Maybe something was broken and he needed a mechanic? Or maybe he lost his keys? I certainly hoped, that nothing had happened to him. Slipping into some light ballerinas, I rushed out of my room and wanted to go downstairs, when I saw my new boyfriend coming out of Nathalie's room, with a concerned look.

He instantly walked towards me and pulled me into his arms, when he noticed me.

"What's going on?", I asked, "is there anything wrong with Nathalie? Are she and the baby okay?"

My voice was getting higher with each word and the young doctor rubbed my back soothingly, then said:

"Come, let's have a seat. Then we can talk. You don't have to worry, though!"

I frowned at him, but followed anyway. Back in my room, he waited for me to sit down, but right now, I was too antsy to do so. I kept pacing back and forth, demanding angrily:

"Well, I just got out of bed and I am feeling fine, so just let me walk around. You're sitting already, so spill! What's up with Nath? Is there a problem with the pregnancy?"

Sean sighed, then walked towards me.

"If you want, you can stand, but please stop walking up and down the room, like a caged tiger, you're driving me insane with that! Nathalie is fine and so is the baby. as far as I can tell without doing an ultrasound. But when I was about to leave this morning, I almost ran her over and noticed, that she looked sick and so I followed her, when she ran into the bathroom and barely caught her, after she had thrown up, because she was rather close to passing out. The actual cause was a very low blood sugar, as she hadn't eaten anything since her lunch yesterday. But I am generally concerned about her health, as she seems to be incredibly exhausted. She is one of those people, who don't know, when to take a break, right?", he explained, before posing the last question.

I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah and on top of it, Gabriel has been pushing her even more. We had a rather large fight recently, because he didn't want to give her those few days off, after she had been sick for almost a week!"