Let's not make it awkward

A/N: This chapter only has about 4500 words, but therefor it's basically Gabenath smut!!! I most certainly hope, you all enjoy, as I eventually was able to twist the damn plot into the right direction!

While I was making my new boyfriend take of my shirt, Nathalie had pecked Gabriel's cheek and said goodnight, to then make her way into her own room. Swallowing heavily, the designer let her do, as she obviously wanted and only pulled her back, to place a quick kiss on her lips, before he wished her:

"Sleep well!"

Then he just stood there and watched her, as she hesitantly vanished through the door and let it fall closed behind her with a thud. He flinched at the sound and sighed, then went to his own bedroom, to take a shower and lay down, being already certain, he wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

As he was lying on his back, staring at the ceiling, he heard a faint knock on the door and called quietly:

"Yes, come in!"

He was expecting Adrien or even me, but it was Nathalie, who just stood in the frame, glaring at his half naked body, as he was only wearing his boxers because of the heat, not walking inside, yet not leaving either.

"Hey", he said softly, "is there anything I can do for you? Aren't you feeling well?"

She shook her head, tears brimming her eyes. He noticed and jumped to his feet, slowly approaching her. She was still wearing her usual turtle neck and her pants, just without her blazer and her shoes. Instead she had red slippers on her feet, which seemed to match the colour of the strand in her hair.

He cupped her face and wiped away the tears, that had already left her eye, with his thumb, to then take her hand into his own and led her to his bed, making her take a seat at the rim of the mattress.

As he then knelt down in front of her, he took both her hands into his own and kissed the back of each, to then question lovingly:

"Well, my dear, if you are feeling well and there's nothing, I can actually do for you, then you need to tell me, what brought you here! And please don't get me wrong, I like that you're here, I like it a lot!"

Nathalie gave him a kind smile, still with glistening eyes, and tried to speak, but only a croak came out of her mouth. She cleared her throat and tried again, still hoarsely, whispering:

"I just....I wanted to talk about.... I don't know, everything? Our actual situation, where we, you and I stand, what will happen to us in the future....why I even went into my own room and even more important, why would you let me go there at all? It made me think about all the things, that happened and I realized, that I once again let you fool me. You just said, what you had to, so you could bring me back here!"

The tears were now flowing down her cheeks and Gabriel straightened himself a bit, to hold her face between his palms and kiss away some of them.

"Oh my Nathalie", he sighed, "don't think of me that bad, please. I didn't tell you, that I love you and that I choose you, to then back out in the last minute. When you left to get into your room, I thought, you wanted to be alone. That's why I let you leave. And to be honest, I didn't want to let you, I felt devastated and sad. I was lying awake, absolutely certain, that I won't be sleeping at all and instead wondering, why you didn't want to at least share a bed with me. I thought, maybe you were scared, that I would try to.....you know....seduce you, that I wasn't serious about the way I feel and only wanted to....well.....have sex with you! I thought, that this could have been a reason. But I can assure you, as much as I covet you, Nath, I much more long for my arms to hold you and protect you, caress you and kiss you. I really want you to see and feel, that I am serious with the things I said. So, was I close with my fear?"