Confrontations

Sean had really spoken with his employer, meaning my gynaecologist, and had finished early for today, so he could accompany me first into the limousine and then back home to the mansion.

After he had taken my pulse, my blood pressure and even poked me with a small needle to measure my blood sugar, he had told me, that all those actually were alright and that it had most likely been the excitement in combination with getting up too fast, which had made me dizzy.

"No need to worry, you and your baby are both in a very good condition. Let me just get my coat and my backpack and then we can leave. I still would like to talk to your partner and to your mother, to not put so many pressure onto you. Don't look so scared, please, I can do that without getting any of them angry on you. But after all, that you just told me, especially your mother needs to back off! You said, she gave you an angry glare, right before you left today, to come here, do you think, she might have heard you with....uhm well....your partner and the assistant?", he asked me carefully, to not upset me again.

"Oh crap, you could be right about that!", I groaned, "that would be so typical, my mother, who should be doing preparations in the kitchen, coming to ask me something and hearing or even seeing us doing 'that'! And of course, that's why she was upstairs still. I was already wondering about her being there!"

I buried my face in my hands, my cheeks again blushing from the embarrassment, when I just imagined, maman watching us....

"Hey, relax, you're getting yourself worked up again already!", the young man then uttered and held out his hand to help me up, "slowly now. I don't want you to pass out right before me, okay?"

He gave me such a loving smile, that I almost felt dizzy from just looking at his face.

Clearing my throat, I gazed to the floor, while I took his hand and let him pull me to my feet.

"Everything alright?", Sean asked me now very softly, while he kept holding my hand in his own and even started to stroke with his thumb over the back of it, to what I gave him a puzzled glare.

"Uhm", I said, pointing my head at his hand and he chuckled the moment he noticed, what he was doing.

"Sorry, that was just a habit. I always do that, when one of my sisters gets scared or very excited. Please don't be mad!", he begged with puppy eyes and I just laughed and shook my head.

"I won't, don't worry!"

"You should let go too!", he then said with a wink and I immediately pulled my hand back.

"S-Sorry, I....I it just.....it felt.....it kinda made me feel....!", I stammered, feeling as if I constantly kept the blush on my cheeks by now.

"I understand, it helps you calm down, right? That's why I do this, when the girls are in a similar state. It's fine with me, if we stay like this, I would have supported you anyway, while we're walking to your car, just in case!", he cooed, making me sigh in disappointment.

"Even if I would love to, because it really made me feel better and calmer, it would be a disaster. If just one paparazzi saw me with you or even coming from that kind of doctor, we would be in every tabloid and on every gossip and fashion blog in an instant. Yet another reason, why I should better leave on my own. I already have to use the back entrance and meet with the Gorilla somewhere else!", I explained wearily.

"Gorilla?", he wondered with raised eyebrows.

I chuckled and told him, that Adrien and his friends called the boy's bodyguard by that name and that I had gotten so used to it, that I sometimes did too.

He laughed along with me, while he guided me out of the examination room, past the reception and the waiting room, to the elevator, that brought us to the first floor, then walked me to the back entrance, where he carefully glimpsed outside, checking if we were good to go.