Happy New Year!

We had to hurry, to get everything up on top of the particular building in time, because, not only did we pick up the 'Gorilla', my maman, Paul, Adrien and Marinette, but Sean also had to call four different people, until he had found the janitor, who would be able to unlock the door to this flat roof, where we wanted to install the fireworks.

I had already sent Gabriel a short text, informing him about our plan, so he could push the bed close enough to the window in time, for Nathalie to see it all.

His answer had been short, but clear. Just a thumb up with a widely grinning emoji!

I showed it to my boyfriend and made him laugh.

"It appears, Gabriel likes the idea!", he hummed.

I nodded.

"Yeah! I hope, Nath will like it too. She would certainly prefer to sleep already by then!", I said pensively.

But Sean shook his head.

"I don't think so! Remember, how awake and hyped you were, after Paul had been born? It will be similar for her. Just trust me with this, most women are rather worked up and agitated, once they hold their newborn and can't stop looking at them. And in her case, it's even worse, because, she has 'two' pretty, little girls to look at!", he told me.

"That's true", I admitted, but then another thought popped up in my head, "there's a small difference though, I wasn't already on the edge of my strength, when he was born and Nathalie already felt so exhausted!"

The young doctor seemed for a moment deep in thoughts, then slowly tilted his head downward, to agree.

"Maybe, you're right. But I am sure, if she's already asleep by midnight, that Gabriel won't wake her up to celebrate the new year. They can just as well do this in the morning!", he then assumed.

Adrien's shy voice came from the backseat. He and Marinette were in the car with me and Sean, Paul in their middle, while my mother had taken place beside the teenager's bodyguard in the silver car, he usually brought him to school with.

They had arrived a little earlier, then we did, as they had left immediately, while we had taken some time, to fix the baby carseat and Marinette also had forgotten to bring her purse and her phone and so we had to wait, until she and Adrien returned from his room, after they had obviously been searching for it for a while.

"When father called me earlier, she looked really tired, but she also said, she was way to excited to fall asleep. But I guess, we'll find out soon, because according to my watch, there are only fifteen minutes left until midnight!"

"What?", Sean and I gasped in unison.

"I guess, we should hurry to carry all the things upstairs then!", I gushed out, but my foresighted boyfriend just chuckled.

"Actually, there is an elevator inside. Just a small one, for food, but it will do the job, to get the fireworks up too. It's only the five of us, who need to hurry, once we've placed the boxes inside!", he informed us and we all cheered to that. None of us had been looking forward to carrying three boxes, two bags and the baby three stories up the stairs.

We still cut it very close, as it was already eleven fifty-three o'clock PM, when we had it all brought to the platform. Now we all were in a rush, to set it up in the right order, while the 'Gorilla' filled the reusable plastic champagne glasses and my mother watched over my son in the meantime.

Before we could even make the call to Gabriel and Nathalie, we could already see, that the curtains were pulled back from the window of her room and then we made out the bed with both new parents lying on their back, each of them holding one of their daughters, while a nurse seemed to wish them all the best, before exiting the hospital room.