Under Pressure

A/N: @Gabe_Nath_ship happy birthday!

It turned out, that my mother from this day on used every second of her free time, to watch me very closely, follow me, where ever I went inside the mansion, drew me into useless conversations, wanted my advice for this or that, to sum it up, she did her best, to keep me far away from Gabriel.

I hadn't told him about that yet, but he noticed anyway. Another two weeks had passed and I was feeling good most of the time. Except for the morning sickness and the occasional vomiting through out the day, whenever I smelled something, that made me nauseous.

It wasn't easy to hide 'this' from my maman, because of her overprotective observation all of the time. Or to find any excuse, why I would reject my favourite foods all of a sudden. For some time it worked, that I was still doing this diet from the magazine, I had made up.

It was on a Wednesday morning, when I said, I didn't want the scrambled eggs, she was serving, when she snapped. I was having breakfast as usually with just Adrien, Gabriel being already in his office, where he ate most of the time, so he wouldn't have to interrupt his workflow.

"What on earth is going on with you? Are you lately trying to become one of those girls, who either don't eat at all, or throw up their food right after they ate it?", she yelled at me. "I want you to eat the portion I gave you right now and then I will stay with you, so you can't go and make yourself vomit somehow! Are we clear?"

"Maman!", I pleaded, "can't you just let me eat, what I want to eat? I don't want those eggs now, no matter how long you try to make me eat them!"

"We will see to that!", she said threateningly and I send a help searching gaze to Adrien.

The boy of course knew about my problem and reacted quickly.

"What's so bad about eating just a slice of bread instead? I mean, that's what most people have for breakfast, right? There is no need for something that rich on grease and calories to make it through the day. When I have to go to a photo shoot, where I have to pose for hours, I rather have several light snacks because it's very strenuous. So how about letting her have, what she likes and pack something for later?", he suggested.

But my mother couldn't be fooled that easily.

"It's not just the things she eats, but I've heard her vomiting right after she ate dinner for a couple of times now. What's your excuse?", she bellowed at both of us now.

"I think, you're getting out of line and should return to your workplace!", came a thundering voice from the door. My maman flinched and looked at a fuming Gabriel, who was just coming closer.

"B-B-But...", she stammered, being interrupted by a furious:

"NOW!"

She quickly left the dining room and rushed back into the kitchen, while Adrien and I sighed in relief.

"Thank you!", I whispered, when the tall man knelt down beside me with a concerned look.

"Adrien, would you mind, if we let you eat on your own today? I think the two of us, should talk this through in private, but I promise to have dinner with you instead, alright?", he now addressed his son.

"Of course, father, no problem. Though I might spend the afternoon at Marinette's meaning, I'll be invited for dinner there anyway, so maybe tomorrow?", he asked and his father agreed.

"Fine with me, just come home right after dinner, are we clear?"

"Thank you, father!"

"And you're coming with me", he ordered and I nodded. Letting him lay an arm around my waist, I laid my head against his chest and let him gently guide me to his bedroom. Making us both sit on the mattress, he asked: