Chapter 4

George POV

It's finally Saturday so it's been a whole week since we have been at school and I can't wait for the party tonight. I'm even more excited than usual because of the circumstances they are being held under.

I know what you're thinking, George you are so rich why do free drinks mean so much to you. Truth is, I don't really care about that, it's the fact that I get to gloat in Clay's face as he watches me down the drinks that he payed for.

I hop out of bed and check my phone. I have a couple of messages from the group chat, a message from Braden and a message from my mom.

The boys

Nick : Can't wait for tonight! I'm gonna shotgun every beer I see!

Sam : There better be some hot bitches there Clay

I laugh and start typing.

Me : Don't worry Sam, even though it's Clay's house, it's my party. And you know I throw the best parties ;)

Dumbass prick : Shut up George.

Of course Clay has to say something. I wish we had a separate group chat without him. I sigh and answer Braden. He's just wondering if he can come over so we can head together to the party.

And my mom, well she's just letting me know she'll be gone for the week because she has a meeting in London. We used to live in the UK when I was young, but we moved here after my father had left us. My mom couldn't stand the constant reminder of the house and the area. So we moved all the way to Florida. I've been here for a large part of my life, but I still have an accent that reminds me of my home town.

I spend my day doing homework and texting Braden. It's now 8:30 and the party starts at 9, so Braden is on his way over now.

But I always show up late and I'm known for it, so I'll get there around 10.

I start freshening up and fixing my dark brown hair. It's getting pretty long now, I should get a haircut soon. I pick out my outfit for the night. I decide on a Gucci belt with black ripped jeans and a casual white t-shirt. I can't look like I'm trying too hard but I look decent.

As I finish putting my clothes on my phone goes off.

Why is Clay texting me?

Dumbass prick : What drinks do you prefer.

I can't help but smile at my phone. I don't think we've ever texted privately, so the fact that he has to do it for this, is hilarious.

Me : Who's this?

Dumbass prick: Don't act dumb George.

Me : I'm not it's a genuine question

I know it's him but it's fun to mess with him.

Dumbass prick: It's Clay

It's even more fun having him have to admit it, even though we both know I already know who it is.

Me : Ohhhh sorry I don't have your number saved

Dumbass prick : Just tell me what drinks you want.

Me : I'll have a full bottle of tequila and a six pack of Smirnoff ice.

Dumbass prick : Why do you need that much? You aren't even gonna finish half the bottle of tequila.

I mean I'm not an idiot, I know that's near impossible even for someone with a very high tolerance to alcohol. But this would probably be the only time Clay would ever spend his money on me, so might as well make him spend a lot.