Chapter 23

George POV

I make my way back to the changeroom with the rest of the guys and just gather my things, preparing myself to go home. I can't stand both of those idiots right now and my life would be so much easier if they weren't here. I try and keep my head down not making conversation with anyone so I can leave as quick as possible.

When walking out a few guys stop to talk to me and ask me dumb questions like whose ass looks better in their football gear, all just teasing me and saying now that I am finally single they can ask me things like that again.

Being open at school has never been a huge issue to be honest. A lot of people my age now identify as bi or just experiment and I think its great! So these type of comments don't bother me in the slightest since I know they are all just banter and meaningless. I finally manage to break away from the conversation and exit the room.

When I enter the hallway, I'm met with a bloody looking Braden who is holding his eye seeming pissed off. He blocks my way of leaving and I stand their in shock. How many times is Clay gonna beat this guy up? I almost feel bad at this point. I mean he didn't harm me in anyway right? I don't know why I feel partially guilty. But I try my best to remind myself that this has been the manipulative asshole that has been causing me pain for so long. After a couple of seconds of just glaring at each other, I hear a voice come from behind us and a hand clap down on Braden's shoulder, "remember what we talked about buddy" he whispers into his ear by crouching down from behind him, the words just barely audible for me to hear.

And with that, Braden pushes past me and enters the change room, not muttering a single word to me. I stand there deep in thought, what the fuck just happened? Did Clay seriously get him to back off. If so I owe him the biggest thanks, even though I wont really tell him that.

When I lift my eyes to meet his, he has this dumb grin on his face. I search his face for any bruises or marks but fall short. How does he look so perfect when Braden looks like that? Well no I didn't mean perfect just no marks and stuff you know? Not perfect.

"What the hell happened in there" I ask irritated.

He shrugs, "I don't know what you're talking about" he utters, his big grin saying otherwise. I roll my eyes and fix my bag on my shoulder getting ready to walk away. I'm done playing his stupid games, so I'll just act like his dumb actions don't cause any reaction out of me. I know he wants me to continue asking just for him to gloat in my face about how badly he beat him up and how he did it all for me but I dismiss it completely by choosing to walk away.

"Alright well see you tomorrow!" I casually let out, giving him a wave in the process.

"At least wait for me!" he lets out disheveled.

"Why would I do that?" I pivot now walking backwards.

"Because I just saved you?" He drags out the words as if it wasn't the most obvious thing on the planet.

I furrow my brows in his direction, "no one asked you to do that" I pause in my tracks, "and you didn't save me nothing was even happening". So what now this idiot thinks he's fucking prince charming?

"Well I mean he was trying to manipulate you and would of probably succeeded since you're such an idiot" he fights back defensively.

I raise an eyebrow and let my tongue swipe the inside of my cheek. This motherfucker did not just say that. "I'm sorry Clay? Was this not the response you were looking for?" I make my way towards him and stand directly in front of him. I look up and make a sarcastic pouting face in his direction, "what? were you expecting me to drop to my knees in front of you and thank you?" I tap the side of his cheek and his face goes red. Wow, for once I make Clay go red. "Well sorry to disappoint, but that will never happen" I drop my sarcastic act and replace it with a devilish smile, not hiding my satisfaction after managing to pull that reaction out of him.