Chapter 22

George POV

I stand there in shock as he walks away like he hadn't just done that to me. "What the fuck" I breathily let out. What the hell just happened? Did he try to kiss me and just walk away. Oh my God that is so fucking embarrassing. Why did I let him do that? I look around the hall to make sure no one was lurking behind and to my luck there wasn't. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and try and shake off the previous events, heading to my class. Which conveniently, he is in as well.

Things feel different around here now. I'm finally single. I haven't been single for about 4 months or so, so I definitely feel the difference. I'm also in significantly less pain today. Don't get me wrong its still there, and I unfortunately still have bruising from some of the blows which I would much rather forget, but nonetheless today is a better day than yesterday, and I try my best to remain positive about it. Or else I'll breakdown.

And I can't be having that at school.

The positive's are that I am now free from that scumbag and I embarrassed him in front of everyone. He fucking deserved it after the shit he has put me through. Maybe I wasn't the best boyfriend and yeah people probably think I'm the dickhead that broke his heart and cheated but I honestly don't give a shit. I like this better than the alternative. At least it keeps up my reputation. If the school found out what he did to me no one would see me the same, give me pity any time they see me and most likely not respect me anymore. But whatever, that's high school I guess.

I walk into class late once again.

"Davidson" My teacher sighs as I walk in disturbing the lecture. "I would make a late joke but I feel as if they are a tad overused now" she jokes passive aggressively. I decide to ignore her and make my way to the back of the class. "What's the excuse today? I'm sure the class is dying to hear it" she continues to pester, earning a few stifled laughs since I always seem to come up with the most flamboyant excuses just to get a reaction out of the class. However today I don't feel in the mood for jokes.

I shrug taking my seat and flopping my backpack down beside me on the floor, "Uh, I don't have one today" I mumble out. I feel a bunch of eyes on me. Usually I love the attention but with what has been going on in my life lately, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable under the spotlight. My teacher senses my discomfort and decides to drop it which I am incredibly thankful for.

Everyone diverts their attention back to the teacher as she resumes her lesson. I crack my knuckles and pull out my binder and pencil. As I'm doing so I catch a glimpse at the boy beside me. He's watching me. I quickly divert my eyes back down to my notes, as if I'm even paying attention to the class.

I suddenly feel embarrassed under his gaze. Feeling myself want to curl up in a ball and shy away from the whole world. From him.

Why does he make me feel like this all of a sudden? I have never experienced this before. No one has ever made me shy before. If anything, I make other people shy.

*Ding*

Shit I left my ringer on. I mumble out a quick apology when my teacher turns to face me and quickly go to shut it off. When I turn my phone around I read the text.

Dumbass Prick : Your leg is shaking, nervous?

My palms suddenly feel sweaty and my face turns red.

The worst part, is he can see my reaction, so I try and rack my brain for a quick comeback.

I try my best to remain composed, stopping my leg immediately from shaking. So much for being subtle. I glance up at the teacher, making sure she isn't faced towards me and type back.