Chapter 13

George POV

I find myself pacing back and forth in my house. My stress levels are through the roof as I try to get my house organized for the party happening in a few hours. I don't know why I had decided to plan something so last minute, but I honestly needed any type of distraction I could get. 

I knew going to school today would have been a bad idea. The bruise would have probably been almost completely faded if I had just waited until Monday. Unfortunately, the school had called my mom informing her of my absence and she wasn't too happy about it to say the least. So I had to go today and the worst scenario I could have imagined happened. 

My teacher made me take my glasses off and everyone saw my mark. It turned out to be okay since everyone bought my dumb lie because they all just go with anything I say, except Clay. This doesn't even involve him so I don't know why he's trying to be all buddy buddy with me after all this time. He's probably pretending to like me just so he can know what's going on so he can tell the whole school.

Out of all people, I do not need him to see me as weak. He would use it against me and always bring it up as a way to win our arguments. I couldn't deal with that type of confrontation at school everyday. I always try my best to forget about the pain and leave it in the past. So a constant reminder especially  at school would not be ideal. 

Braden has been coming over everyday this week catching me up on material I have missed. 

Thanks to him.

But things have been pretty normal this week. We haven't fought much and this is mainly because I have been walking on egg shells around him making sure to not even joke about the smallest things in his presence, and showering him with praise like telling him how grateful I am to have him helping me with school and keeping me company.

But things are different now. Before I thought I had the option of leaving... But now, I feel completely trapped and I don't know what to do. I can't leave him since he claims to have these images and videos of me. The beatings I could take but now it has gone way too far. Blackmailing me and threatening to ruin my reputation. I can't deal with it anymore and I need to think of something fast, I feel as if I'm on the brink of breaking. Moments like these I wish my mom was home so I could let it all out to her and she can hold me when I cry. However, I know that isn't possible. 

Hours pass and people start arriving at my crib around 9:00. 

I had already started drinking the minute I stepped into my house. 

So you could say I might be a little drunk. Nothing I can't handle! 

A few of the guys from my friend group finally get here and I inform them of the keg I have in my backyard. 

"George I'll give you 50$ to handstand on it and chug it!" Alex excitedly challenges me. 

"He seems like he is a bit past his limit don't you think?" Will buts in noticing the amount I've had. 

"Its fineeee lets do it!" I drag my words a bit as I speak but ultimately agreeing to the challenge. 

A group of us head outside and people are already out there filling their drinks with the alcohol from the keg. Alex announces to everyone what I will be doing and a bunch of them pull out their phones and form a circle around me. In this moment my mind flashes back to when Clay said I was never the life of the party, which I am now laughing about. Even last party there were videos of me doing crazy shit. So I have obviously proved him wrong. 

I reach the keg and feel the adrenaline pumping through me as the crowd starts cheering me on. The attention fuels me. Usually I would feel nervous butterflies in my stomach creep up but the alcohol has helped keep them locked away. I take a deep breath and complete the handstand as Alex helps guide the kegs tube to my lips. I start sucking the fluids out and feel all my blood rush to my head. Of course it would be near impossible to chug the whole thing, so Alex stops me after a minute telling me that will suffice. I lower myself down with some help from Will and pump a fist in the air screaming. Everyone around me reciprocates my energy and all starts dancing to the music again. I look around and my eyes fall on a certain blonde leaned against the wall of my house downing a beer. His eyes on me make me feel like time has stilled and we are the only two standing there in that moment. Alex pulls me out of my trance by handing me the money and complimenting me.