Chapter 20

George POV 

"Dude is Elena stupid? Its so obvious he's a vampire!" Clay exclaims frustrated. 

I scoff, "oh yeah and your first thought if someone was acting suspicious would be that they are a vampire" I say defensively. 

"Yeah it would be" he continues his stubbornness. He turns to me and asks with a peppy tone, "Okay so who do you like better? Stefan or Damon?" 

"Since when are you so into the show" I laugh at his enthusiasm. He leans back against the cushions and crosses his arms over his chest, "I'm not" 

"You're an idiot" I snicker, "I like Damon better" I admit. 

His neck snaps towards me, "what how?! He's a total douche bag" 

I shrug, "he gets better later on" I pause, "and he's hot" 

I can feel my face heat up at the confession, I didn't mean for that to come out. He looks at me with that dumb smirk I hate so much. "Shut up" I say under my breath, shaking my head. 

"Just like how you find me hot" he tics his head to the side tauntingly. I punch him in the arm. 

"I was drunk" I argue. 

"Not denying I see" 

"I am denying" 

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" he eggs on. 

"Can you just watch the damn show? Elena is about to find out he's a vampire" I huff out annoyed with the exchange. He stands up immediately from the couch, "what?! You just spoiled the whole show!" he screams dramatically at me.

I look up at him, "she finds out in the first six episodes, I didn't spoil the whole show" I roll my eyes. 

He starts pacing around the room, "since you spoiled its Prison Break time" 

"What are you doing?" I can't help but laugh at his dumb actions. 

"Looking for the remote what does it look like I'm doing?" He replies back as if it was obvious what his intentions were. 

"Well I have it" I wave it around in the air. He launches himself at me giving me no time to react trying to pry it from my hand but I'm quick to pull away. He falls hitting my side and I wince involuntarily. He scurries off of me and his playful demeanor is replaced with a concerned. "I'm sorry are you okay?" 

"Yeah I'm fine" I brush it off. I didn't mean to react, the sudden pressure hurt a bit but its all good now. 

"You say that a lot" I turn to face him at the accusation, lifting my eyebrow in confusing. "I'm fine" he explains. 

"Its because I am fine" I snap back defensively. "And just for that we aren't watching Prison Break" I press play on the paused television, resuming the fifth episode of the show. 

He slumps back down into his previous position beside me. I check the time and its now almost ten o'clock. As the episode goes on I can tell he's starting to get tired. I don't think he has slept for awhile now, unless he did when I was sleeping but I somehow doubt it. I look over and he is struggling to keep his eyes open. 

The fifth episode finishes and I switch off of Netflix. 

"Well we have school tomorrow and you're falling asleep so I think we should wrap this up" I say breaking the comfortable silence in the room. 

"No, one more episode" he mumbles and repositions himself to sit up straight.

"Did you sleep last night?" I question.