Chapter 21

Clay POV

I feel myself returning back to consciousness after a terrible night of tossing and turning on this couch that is far too small for me. I groan and try to let myself fall back asleep, turning my alarm off in the process. Unfortunately, I can't seem to do so. I rub my eyes and begin to stretch myself as wide as possible. I open my eyes not recognizing my surroundings at first, but then recalling the events from last night.

I reluctantly push myself out of bed, or should I say the couch, and remember I would need to stop by my house today to gather my things. I hope George is feeling better than yesterday, if not I won't force him to come to school. I just think it would help him get his mind off of it. I shoot him a quick text, asking if he's awake before barging into his room. In the meantime I head to the washroom, doing my morning piss and washing my face.

After a couple of minutes I still hadn't received a reply, which makes me think that he is still asleep. I wonder if he's a morning person. I assume not since most days he shows up to school late. Personally, I like mornings better than evenings.

I finish up in the washroom and search the house for my keys. I don't even know if he would want to come with me to my house but I might as well offer. I climb the stairs to his room and knock quietly before entering. When I'm met with silence, I huff and push the door open. It's weird being in his house like this. I had slept over at his house, the one person who I despise. Maybe despise is too strong of a word to use, but I don't know anymore.

I slowly reach the side of his bed, he looks so peaceful sleeping right now. His breathes are even, with his body curled up on his side and his eyes calmly shut. He looks cute. I don't even want to wake him up, but I bring myself to do it anyway.

I place my hand on his shoulder and shake him lightly, "George" I whisper.

He stays still and I repeat the action but a bit rougher this time. "George wake up" I ask once again, keeping my voice calm.

I see him start to stir, and I presume he is starting to slowly wake up. His eyes flutter open and he makes eye contact with me, his face squished into his pillow seeming still out of it at the moment.

"Are you gonna come to school today?" I ask him to which I get a string of mumbled words in response.

Alright, I've had enough. I pull the blankets off of him in one swift motion. "Well lets go we are gonna be late, I need to stop by my house beforehand" I explain, fighting his weak hold on the blanket from just waking up. "What the fuck Clay" he says into his pillow, his accent thicker than usual.

"Are you coming or not?"

"No thanks" he replies nonchalantly.

"How are you feeling?" I reply curiously.

"Annoyed"

"That's not what I meant and you know it" I roll my eyes at his dumb comment.

"Well that's how I'm feeling" he pauses and sits up in his bed, his hair all messy. I've never seen his hair like this, he keeps it so well kept. His voice pulls me from my thoughts, "Annoyed that you came in here at seven in the morning to bombard me with questions"

"Well I texted you first but you didn't answer" I say defensively.

He reaches for his phone that is situated on his nightstand and pulls up the text, I get a flash of his screen and my eyes widen at what I see. "Dumbass Prick?! Why is that my name in your phone"

He laughs, "because that's what you are, a dumbass prick" he answers sarcastically, shutting his phone off. "Change it now" I demand.

"No I think it suits you" he flashes me a devious smile.