Chapter 6

Clay POV

I wake up dreading the day already. I really don't want to go to school today. I had spent the whole day yesterday cleaning up after everyone's mess they made from Saturday night. Why are people so inconsiderate? Like you would think they would be nice since you have been welcomed into someone else's house but nope, they only care about themselves. There were cans everywhere, random pieces of clothing, confetti, popcorn and much more disgusting things on the floor of his house.

Nick stayed the night, which I was thankful for even though he seemed really drunk, and he had helped me clean everything up.

I stretch and yawn before dragging my feet over to my washroom and start getting ready for school. After I pick out what I'm going to wear, I gather my things and head down to the kitchen. My parents work long hours of the day and are never here on weekends because that's when they are needed most at work. They work during the week a lot but are always home around 6:00. I have an older sister that I haven't seen in awhile because she went abroad for university. Are relationship is great and I really miss her, but I'm proud of how far she's come.

My relationship with my parents is pretty good but they just expect a lot from me considering how well my sister is doing. They always seem to compare us. But, since I'm captain of the football team I have a high chance of receiving a scholarship for university, so that they seem proud of.

"Hey Clay we missed you this weekend" my dad says as he sticks his hand out. We do our little handshake we've done since I've been little.

"Hey dad, how was work?" I ask while putting bread in the toaster.

"Business as usual" he chuckles taking another sip of his coffee and returning his attention back to the newspaper in his hand. I continue making my breakfast and take a seat next to him. He turns back to me when I ask where my mother is. "Oh she had to leave early today her boss called her in" he replies. "But she wanted me to tell you that she misses you and that she made you a lunch" he points to the brown bag on the counter.

"Thanks" I smile. I miss my mom but I understand, living in a house like this did not come easily and I'm forever grateful to them.

"So how's football going?" he asks genuinely wondering.

"Good! I love being captain, the team is doing pretty well you should come to one of our games" I exclaim proudly.

"I would love to! I bet you guys are doing worse this year since your star is out" he jokes.

Even my dad knows how good George was. If you had asked anyone in the city they would most likely know who he was. When he got injured everyone seemed to sympathies for him saying he could have been this great NFL star. I don't buy it. Yeah he's good and all but he would get killed in the NFL.

"He's too small now anyways, best that he sits out" I spit seeming hurt by the comment.

"Hey no need to be jealous son, you are just as good" he tries to lighten the mood slapping my back. "So any girls struck your eye?"

I cringe at the question. Not only do I not have any love interest at the moment, but I hate talking about these type of things with my parents. He notices my hesitance and continues. "Or boys, hey you know I don't discriminate!" he lets out a breathy laugh.

I haven't officially came out to my parents, but I think they have caught on that I'm Bi. I remember watching Spiderman with them and accidently slipping up calling Tom Holland hot.

It was really awkward after that...

"No not at the moment Dad" I answer finishing up with my breakfast and putting my dishes in the sink.