Chapter 31

Clay POV

George's reaction was priceless. Of course I knew he would be here but I didn't expect to be sharing the same room.

That was just a bonus.

I wanted to keep it a secret from everyone solely for the purpose that George wouldn't find out. And my plan worked.

He was shocked.

I'm not too sure if I want to go to this school yet, in all honesty I have a lot of options to consider from but this school has a really good program in what I am interested in.

Another plus is the fact that I know George will most likely go here. He got his only scholarship offered from here and it is a very well known school. I would love to go to school with him, maybe our dynamic feud can turn into something more serious finally.

I'm still not too sure if that's what I want or even if that's what he wants but I'm starting to really like spending time with him, even when I'm not bothering the shit out of him.

When I start getting ready for the dinner tonight George has already left leaving me to struggle with putting on my tie alone in our hotel room.

I don't know why he couldn't have just waited for me but I don't let it bother me too much since he"s always doing dumb thinks like that.

After what feels like an eternity I eventually get my tie on and spray way too much cologne on before leaving to dinner.

I feel nervous butterflies flutter in my stomach. This will be everyone's first impression of me and I don't want to fuck it up since this school isn't just some free vacation that I am going to just for the fun, it's something I am actually interested in.

The restaurant is downstairs attached to the hotel so I make my way there in a few minutes, my nervousness growing as I fiddle with my hands as I walk. I really wish George would have waited for me to go together, I feel like it would ease my nerves knowing I'm not walking in alone and he is going through the same thing as me. But whatever, I try to remind myself I will see him inside and I could talk to him then.

I take a few deep breaths before building up the courage to enter the restaurant, trying to seem calm and collected.

I walk up to the hosted and ask her for directions to the party I will be meeting with.

"Ah yes! Right this way" She gives me a toothy smile and walks me to a private room with a large table in the middle of it, seating roughly 20 people.

"Thanks" I mumble to which she nods at.

I look around and find everyone socializing over drinks, I scan the room looking for a certain short brunette.

I see him in the corner of the room chatting with the guy beside him. I look at the plates on the table and each one has our name written on a thin piece of paper on top of it. I guess that is why on the other side of George there is a vacant spot. I assume they organized it by school, so I quickly make my way over to my spot after hovering awkwardly at the entrance of the room.

"Why'd you leave me idiot" I say sitting down beside him interrupting his erupted laughter by whatever this guy is saying to him that is apparently sooo funny.

He turns to me when his laughter dies down, "Oh hey Clay" he says between chuckles.

"Hey" I deadpan.

My eyes flicker between him and the boy beside him.

"Oh sorry! Clay this is Ben, Ben this is Clay, he's on my team back at my high school" George says breaking the awkward silence between us.