Chapter 27

Clay POV

I continue to eat my food whilst he continues to whine and groan impatiently. At first I found it amusing but now its just getting on my nerves.

"Will you shut up for two seconds" I finally snap after what feels like an hour of his short comments and quiet mumbling.

He pretends to think about it by rubbing his imaginary beard for a second before responding, "mmmmm, no" he says sassily.

I roll my eyes and take a sip of my water as he starts giggling to himself.

"Hey how much did coach end up giving you?" He asks leaning over a bit with his eyebrow cocked up mischievously.

"30 why?" I question, giving him a stern look.

"Great you have enough!" he exclaims happily and gets up from the booth.

"What, where the hell are you going?" I say confused as he is already crossing the restaurant and stepping towards the bar. He cannot be serious right now. I check the menu to see how much my meal was and it was only 15$. So what he is just gonna buy himself a drink with the money coach gave me without asking? What a spoiled brat.

I finish up eating and turn around to see George seated at one of the bar stools waiting impatiently for the bartender to take his order. His feet are swaying back in forth and he has his head placed on the palm of his hand. The bartender finally makes eye contact with him and George waves him over.

They talk for a bit and I see him ask for his ID, which I know George has a fake. He pulls it out and the bartender accepts it, going back to make his drink.

I sigh annoyed that it is now George the one making me wait around. The waiter comes by the table and I hand him the money, thanking him for his service. I would have tipped him more but now I have to conserve my money because this idiot decided he was gonna order a drink. What was even the point of that? Why does he even need a singular drink right now? Just to spike me?

As I receive my change I pocket it and head towards the bar to where George is sitting. He is sitting there eyeing the bartender like he is making sure he is making his drink perfectly.

I take a seat beside him and he doesn't even turn to look at me.

"I'm done eating, lets go" I demand.

He keeps his eyes cast forward and answers smugly, "I had to wait for you so its your turn to wait for me" he quips back and extends his hand, "oh also I need the money now thanks" he gestures for me to hand it over with his open palm.

I reluctantly place the money in his hand, knowing I would rather not cause a scene in front of everyone. "Fuck you" I mumble irritated, to which makes him smirk. I could have used that money for something else but of course he just had to order a drink.

The bartender comes back with his drink in hand, it looks like a strawberry daiquiri. He gives George a bright smile and places a little sombrero in his drink. "Here you go gorgeous, that will be 5.99$" he winks and slides the drink across the counter towards him. George bats his eyelashes like he's flirting and places the money in his hand, letting it linger for longer than it should have.

Gorgeous? What the fuck who does he think he is. Does he not realize I am sitting right here. I choose not to say anything, knowing it isn't my place and George can flirt with whoever he wants, but its hard to sit here and watch the way this man is looking at him. I feel like I am biting my tongue hard enough to draw blood at this point.

"Keep the change" George says and finally pulls his hand away. Um excuse me but who said he could just 'keep the change'. He's so rude, using my money and then just giving the rest away.