Chapter 30

George POV

A week has gone by since I had taunted Clay with those messages.

And ever since he has been super flirty with me, which of course I do not mind, it only bothers me when my facial expressions betray me and I become the colour of a tomato.

But alas, I still haven't gotten with him since that one night, and I can tell it has been on his mind just as much as it has been on mine.

The feeling of having someone you hated and now having this type of connection? I don't even know what to call it to be honest, is honestly super weird but I won't lie I love it.

It's kinda like we are a secret, everyone still thinks we hate each other and we have this thing between us that only we know of.

But anyways other than that he has been kind of getting on my nerves with the constant begging to get in my pants. So as I step off the plane in Arizona I am super stocked to have the next few days to just chill on my own without all the dumb high school drama.

I am finally going on my retreat to go check out the college that was looking to recruit me and I am excited but nervous to meet so many new faces.

I won't be the only one here checking out the school, they are holding a little weekend thing and invited all the recruits they are interested in around the United States, so at least I won't be the only newbie.

They sent us the itinerary for how each day will proceed over email and I printed it out so I could leave it in my hotel room so I don't forget anything.

Today is just checking in and getting together with the rest of the people that will be checking out the school for dinner with the coaches so they can get to know us better and go over how the next few days will go.

As I arrive at the hotel I go up to the lady to check into my room.

"Hi! Welcome to the Hilton how may I help you?" She asks in a perky voice.

I return the smile she is giving me, "Hi! I'm George Davidson, I am one of the boys who has a room under the coach of Arizona States football team!" I explain hoping other people have arrived before me so she isn't confused.

"Ah yes, give me one second" she replies seemingly knowing what I am talking about and returning her attention to her computer.

She types away and then goes over to her printer getting me a room key and a paper with all the information about the hotel. "Alright here you go sweetie, your roommate just checked in around 30 minutes ago so he is already in the room."

"Roommate?" I question. I didn't know I was gonna be sharing a room if I'm being honest. This just makes me even more nervous considering I won't have any alone time and have to room with a stranger.

"Oh they didn't tell you?" She quirks her head to the side.

I shake my head in response.

"Hm, that's weird. But don't worry hun you won't be rooming with a complete stranger, only the people that have someone from the same high school as them attending share a room! Have a great day!"

I stand there taking in the information she had just given me. I try and shake off my shock and pick my bags back up to start heading to the elevator. I had no idea someone from my school would also be coming to Arizona? How come they didn't tell me? The whole team knows I am going because I won't be at school.

As I keep walking I think that perhaps it could be someone in another sport? But that wouldn't make sense because our schedules wouldn't line up and we would get in each others way. Honestly the only reasonable answer I have is that they made a mistake. No way did I travel all the way here and not see anyone from my team. They must have been on the same plane ride if they just check in 30 minutes before me.