Chapter 24

Clay POV

Bugging George has become my new pass time.

Well, its always been something I have had fun doing but never to this extent.

When I wake up in the morning all that is on my mind is George. The things I want to do to him, the way he makes everything a challenge and the way he becomes flustered by my words. It would be quite the turn around if we ever did start hooking up. The school would be baffled that the two school rivals started getting intimate together.

But I guess they wouldn't understand the tension until they are put in this situation.

It has been a few days since George has sent me that text. Once I received it, I knew my words had affected him way more then I had anticipated. The fact that he had texted me and after so many hours proved to me that I had been on his mind that whole night.

And maybe I sound cocky, but it also proved that he most likely feels the way I feel towards him.

Drawn by lust.

Its a new and foreign feeling for me. Of course I had always loved to make George flustered and falter by my words or actions. But it was merely just to see the 'king' of the school finally drop his act. Now there is a whole new motive behind it.

It fuels me.

After we texted that one night, I would always meet him at his locker in the morning to bug him.

Its been harder these past few days because he has been deliberately ignoring me. And I know its because of what I did.

I know what you're thinking. I could have easily went over and gotten what I had wanted. But he was still sore and in a bad state. I wanted him to be fully recovered before I did anything. I also didn't want him making any dumb decisions just because he had just gotten out of a break up.

So yeah things have been difficult between us. I mean, he still hates me, or pretends to hate me. But its different this time because usually he will fight back. Now he is just blatantly ignoring me so I don't know what to do.

So this morning I take a different approach. I have been waiting for him at his locker every morning so he probably expects me to be there once again, however I decide I won't be. I'm gonna spend the day ignoring him instead.

I know he secretly loves that I am trying so hard to speak to him, so I think if he thinks I gave up, he will come crawling back.

I guess you could call me a manipulator, but I prefer smart.

So, I head to my first class of the day which I have with him.

I sit down in my seat, arriving pretty early. I like to be on time for class, unlike George who seems to always be late.

He likes to call it 'making an entrance' to which makes me roll my eyes. That boy loves the attention. But I can't say I don't love it either, so I can't really judge.

I sit there and make small talk with my peers until class starts.

After a couple of minutes, George finally walks in. Our teacher being fed up with his tardiness warns him that one more time and he will get a detention to which he replies giving her a teasing smirk.

When he continues to walk towards his seat I force my gaze down to the paper in front of me, acting as unbothered as possible.

To my surprise, he doesn't say anything to me.

Why hasn't he said anything to me? Did he seriously want me to leave him alone? I don't understand.

I know when you bother someone continuously and they pretend to loathe it, they want you to keep trying, but the second you give up they seek the validation.