Bonding With Bruno: Mirabel

Mirabel and Bruno have some bonding time as they go to town.

Requested by nukenorthkorea9

This part was recommended, but I got an idea to have Bruno bond with the rest of the family. So I will have multiple parts of this.

Mirabel pov

"Hey, Mirabel." Mama said walking over to me.

"Yes, Mama?"

"I need you to get some things from the town. Here's the list."

"Alright Mama."

"Thank you!" she said kissing my face.

"Bye! I need to get your stuff!" I laughed.

"Ooo! Can I go with you?" Tio Bruno asked.

"Sure." I responded. We began walking to the town.

"Let's see," Bruno said holding the paper. "We need some eggs."

"Yup, we need to get them from-"

"George."

"Yup. He's been giving us eggs for ages."

"I remember when I was your age, me and your Abuela would go down and collect eggs from his father. Sometimes George would be running around trying to do everything faster than his father to prove that he was ready to take over the business."

"That's just what his daughters are like!" I laughed.

"Oh! Little Gabriela. She's 16 now, right?"

"Yup. And Maria. She's 7 now."

"He has another daughter?"

"Yup and a son. But he doesn't want to take over the business. He's 9. His name's Carlos."

"Oh. Let's see them! Come on Mirabel!" he started running towards the village to George's house.

"Bruno!" George yelled, hugging my Tio.

"George! I heard you have two more kids!"

"Yup! You still have none?"

"Yup!"

"Anyway, you two here to get some eggs?"

"Yes, please." I answered.

"Alright. How many dozens?"

"Two."

Very soon two girls came running over, each with a box of eggs.

"Here are your eggs!" Gabriela said handing a box to me.

"Here's the eggs! I hope you enjoy!" Maria said smiling.

"This is Gabriela and the small one's Maria." George said, proudly looking at his daughters. "This is Bruno Madrigal."

"Hi, Bruno. It's nice to see you." Gabriela said.

"It's nice to see you too. I can still remember when you were small and trying to cook mud."

George laughed while Gabriela looked confused. "When Bruno would come over, you would always try to make him some mud pie when you were little. You would grab some mud and try to put it in the oven. But we always stopped you.". He explained to his daughter.

She gave a little laugh, "Yup. Sounds like something I would do."

"Who's here?" Carlos asked, confused as to what everyone was laughing at.

"This is Bruno, a good friend of mine when I was younger." George said to Carlos.

"I'm Carlos! And when I grow up, I won't get eggs, no, I will live a nice relaxed life all by myself without anything to do!"

"Sounds nice." Bruno said. "Well, good to see you George. Now we gotta go. Bye."

"Bye. But don't think you can get away so easily." George pulled Bruno into a tight hug. "There, now you can leave."

They laughed as we walked away.

"You and George seemed really close." I said.

"Yup. He was my best friend and was always by my side. He never cared about my prophecies. Not about the results. He never blamed me for them either and would stick up for me when others got angry. He would say to them, "If you're not prepared for the chance of bad news, then don't ask for your future!" Great guy."

"How often were people mad at you?"

"Well, very often. As a kid I would give prophecies about the most random things. They would ask questions like 'what's my mom making for dinner?', 'Is my child going to be a boy or a girl?', you know questions they won't get mad at me for. But then as I got older they kept asking for me to just randomly look into the future, so when I did, it wasn't always good. Then they would blame it on me. I never really had lots of people by my side. But George was one of the few that cared about me."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, kid. Anyway what's next on the list?"

"She wants us to get some sugar."

"Oh no."

"What's wrong Tio Bruno?"

"Mija. She sells sugar."

"Yes, she does. Does she not like you?"

"No. She probably still blames me for-"

"Her fish dying?" I said remembering what Mija said- or well sang- to me about Bruno.

"Yup. It's not my fault it died. I don't control how fast fishes died!" he huffed in anger.

"Do you want to stay behind so you don't have to confront her?" I said knowing how he wasn't good with confronting people.

"No. No. It's fine. I can do it."

"If you're sure."

"I'm not. But I'll still go. After all, I left when you were 5. You don't really have any memories of me so, I want to make sure you know me. Last thing I need is you telling people that I was a 7foot monster who eats people's screams."

Oh. So that's why he wanted to come along. To get to know me better. I smiled at him,"Don't forget that you can also see people's dreams." we looked at each other and laughed.

"Well, let's go. We still have more things to get and having you as company sure makes it better." I said to him.

He smiled at me, "Let's go kid."