Cinderella au

Mirabel pov

"Everyone come! Come!" Abuela yelled.

I ran downstairs to see what Abuela had called us all for.

"The prince is holding a ball! Prince Mariano is looking for a wife! It says here that there will be many single young men from the palace also looking for a wife, so all of the single women ages 15-35 are invited!"

"Oh, when is it?" Mama asked.

"In a week! We need to get the girls ready! Especially Isabela! I'm sure you'll steal Mariano's heart!" Abuela replied.

"Yup." Isabela said, straining her smile as her eyes darted to Dolores.

"Mirabel, could you help make Luisa, Isabela, and Dolores's dresses?"

"Of course, Abuela! Wow, I've never been to a ball before! This is so exciting!"

"Oh, you're not going."

"What? I get that I'm too young to look for a husband, but can't I still go just to have fun? I mean sure, the age requirement of 15 and up is strange. Why not make it 18-35? I mean no one who's 15 is going to be with the prince because we're still children while he is an adult? Or maybe they say 15 and up because they have workers there that are 15 and they are also looking for love?" I looked up at Abuela, she looked confused as to what I was talking about. "Can't I just go to have fun?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Mirabel, we can't have you embarrassing us at the party."

"But-"

"No." she said and walked away.

"Mama!" Mama called after Abuela and Papa followed her, looking angry.

"I guess this means I can't go?" Camilo asked after a while of silence.

"No, didn't you hear what Abuela said, no embarrassments at the party." Isabela said going to her room.

"The reason the age if 15-35 is because there are single workers there that are 15 and workers there that are older than the prince." Dolores said before walking away.

I went up to my room and began making designs for everyone. For Luisa's dress, it would be dark blue, but with some yellow glitter in it to look like small stars. It would go off her shoulder and be slightly puffy on the bottom, but not too much.

For Dolores's dess, is would be red on top with some ruffles, and pink on the bottom made of a different material. I'd add some gold on it too. It would be slightly puffy and Dolores could still walk fast in it if she wanted to.

For Isabela's dress it wouldn't be puffy. It would be lavender with many flowers on the skirt part the trailed to the floor.

Then for mine. It was a dress with many shades of blue. It would twirl on the bottom. The skirt part was going to be filled with designs that I would hand sew at the end. I stared at it happily. Abuela might say no now, but when she sees how amazing and prepared I am to go to a ball, she'll surely let me go. I closed my notebook and headed to bed.

-Time skip to the day of the ball.

"I have the dresses ready!" I announced as we all sat down on the table.

"Just in time, I was worried they'd never be done." Abuela replied.

"Well, you see handmaking dresses is really time consuming and making 3 dresses in a week, 3 ball gowns, in a week, well it's pretty hard. Almost impossible. I probably wouldn't have been able to finish if Camilo didn't help me. So, yeah all the dresses are done."

"Thank you Mirabel. Now after we finish eating lunch, I want you all to try on your dresses and begin getting ready. Mirabel will help you all get into your dresses. She'll also make sure that the dresses fit right. Pepa will help style hair. Julieta will work on makeup. I'll overlook everything to make sure it's alright."