I'll Be By Your Side

Isabela x female reader

Y/n PoV

"Hey, Y/n. Want to come to my room?" Isabela asked me, nervously.

"Sure, is everything alright Isa?"

"I... I'll explain later."

"Sure." I said worried. Isabela had always been my best friend and lately she's been acting, slightly off. I know things have been strange for her as she now can actually be herself in her family. She's also not going to marry a guy she doesn't want to which is a plus for her, me, and Dolores. I've loved Isabela for the longest time, but haven't said anything because I'm scared of making her feel weird. I don't want her to think I'm only her friend because I like her and want something from her. So it would be best if I just didn't confess.

"Let's go into the smaller room." Isabela said pulling me out of my thoughts as I realize we have made it to her room.

Each Madrigal had a secret magic room that only they can open. It was also soundproof making it a great place to talk in secret.

"So, what's wrong Isa?" I asked as we sat down.

"Lately I've been doing some self reflection. And I'm beginning to know lots of things about myself that I hadn't known before. So, I want to tell them to you so I could get them off my chest."she said uncertainly.

"Alright, whatever you've figured out, I'm sure will be amazing."

She smiled at me, a real smile, not her perfect Isabela smile. But her genuinely happy smile. The things I would do to make her smile like that...

"So, after the whole, I'm not in love with Mariano thing, I decided to think about what my 'type' in dating is. And while thinking about my dream person, I realized that I didn't mind if they were a boy, girl, neither, all, or anything else. It didn't really matter to me. But then I realized that I don't know how my family would react to this. Abuela is still pretty strict and I doubt she'd let me date a woman."

"Yeah, I get that. At first my mom wasn't accepting of me. But then she gradually came to accept that it didn't matter who I was in love with as long as they weren't awful. I don't know about your Abuela, but I'm pretty sure your parents would be fine with it. Agustin and Julieta aren't judgemental people and I know they love you and your sisters so much. You guys are the world to them. As well as the rest of your family, they seem like they wouldn't care that you're interested in more than guys. "

"And I love you." she said quietly after I finished.

"Hmm?"I felt my face blushing.

" I love you Y/n. I know this is sudden, but I wanted you to know. " she said smiling at me.

"Wow. I didn't imagine things turning out like this wow. I love you too. So much. Wow."I said shocked.

She smirked at me, then gave me a small kiss on the check.

" Y/n, would you be my girlfriend?"

" Yes! "I said smiling at her and giving her a kiss.

"And, if it's all right with you, is it okay if we keep it on the down low? I don't want Dolores to hear and tell everyone."

"Of course, hermosa."