Rat Telanovelas

Bruno pov

"Tio Bruno, could you please continue the story?" Dolores asked me as I sat down.

"Maria had confessed her feelings for Jose, then you drop the bomb that she's his aunt but she has amnesia so she doesn't remember! What happens next?" Camilo begged.

"Wait, you also know about my rat telenovelas?" I asked him.

"Dolores said she heard someone else say the story, and every week she would tell me what was going on. Tho she just informed me that it was you who made them."

"Please Tio! We need to know!" Dolores said sitting down.

"Alright," I said bringing out my rats.

Dolores and Camilo sat down and I continued the story.

"You're my aunt, Maria! We could never!"

"But Jose, in the past two months I've known you, I have fallen in love. I don't belive that you are actually my nephew! I won't belive it!"

"Martina told me! She showed me the pictures of Mama and you as children!"

"It can't be! I would remember having a sister!"

"You have amnesia, Maria! You wouldn't remember!"

"But wouldn't you? Wouldn't you remember having an aunt? Also I'm the same age as you! I couldn't be your aunt!"

"But the pictures!"

"Martina's a lier! She only wants your love for herself. She made it all up!"

"Me and Martina are just friends!"

"Oh, but Jose, don't you see? She wants more! She's not going to settle for being just friends anymore! She'll do all she can to make sure that you don't end up with anyone else! Beware Jose!"

"Ah, Jose, Jose's tia, how are you two?" Martina said walking to them.

"Oh! I may not remember much from anything over 2 years ago, but I remember how horrible you are!" Maria said storming over to Martina.

"Jose! You're aunt is acting so rude to me! I think she wants to be with you!" Martina screamed.

"Martina, I don't think Maria is my aunt. My mom never had siblings-"

"Maybe you don't remember or she didn't tell you." Martina interrupted.

"I really think you were wrong. She's not my aunt, it's fine."

"But what about the girl next to your mother?"

"She could've been a friend. I don't know, but I don't belive she's her sister."

"Well," Martina said tucking her hair, smirking, "There's something you should know about Maria."

"What is it?"

"Her 'dance teacher', I saw her kissing him yesterday. He called her love, I know Maria likes you, but I never thought she'd confess while having a boyfriend."

"Maria, is this true? Yesterday when you said you loved me, were you with another man?" Jose said.

"Of course not! I only love you! I'm not dating anyone!"

"Maria! How could you? I thought you loved me!" Maria's dance teacher said entering the scene.

"George! What are you doing here?" Maria asked.

"Martina told me you told your nephew you loved him and wanted to date him!"

"George, he's not my nephew! Martina was spreading lies!"

"So, you asked out another man?"

"I'm so sorry George, but you have to understand, I love him!"

"And I loved you! Yet you go and cheat on me!" And with that George left.

"Maria, I have no words." and with that Jose left with Martina fallowing him outside.

"And that's it for this week." I said finishing off.

"I told you Dolores, she's not right. She isn't good for him!" Camilo said shaking his head.

"I-I trusted her. How could she? And she loved him so!"

"What do you think will happen next?" I asked them.

"Maria tells them she's pregnant." Dolores said, "You can see it. Oh, and she wouldn't know who's the father! It must have happened when she came late from the party because her 'dance classes' ended up going an hour after it was supposed to end. And after the party she ended up spending the night with Jose!"

"There are others the father could be." Camilo said.

"And who else?" Dolores said glaring at him.

"Diego and Alexander. We know they both love her, and we know she has a record of dating every guy who likes her!"

"Until Jose came along!"

"But we never see her alone. In scenes that take place in the early morning or late at night, she's either with Jose, George, Alexander, or Diego."

"Well, we can cross off Alexander. He may be the easiest one because they're neighbors but he knows Maria and Jose had a thing going on. Sure he knew they weren't dating, but he knew they had feelings for each other. He wouldn't date her because he'd feel guilty if he did. I'm placing my bets on George being the father."

"I'll agree with the Alexander part," Camilo said, "but I think Diego's the father. I also think he'd leave once he finds out. That and Martina and Jose will end up together."

"If Diego is the father, he would leave, he's not a nice guy, does illegal things, and while he loves Maria it's only because she's pretty. But I'm telling you, Jose and Maria will still fix things and end up together."

I listened to the two go back and forth with ideas. They're really good for deciding what will happen next.

"Um, what's going on here?" Mirabel said walking into the room with Luisa and Isabela.

"We could heard arguing coming from this door." Isabela said.

"Oh! They're coming up with theories for what's going to happen next on my rat telenovelas!" I said.

"Alright," Mirabel said. She then whispered to her sisters and they closed the door and left.

"What did she say?" I asked Dolores.

"She told them that they had to escape and run away."