crossmare <3

This story was requested by nobody at all I just made this because I thought of this scenario when I was roleplaying with someone! Also, child abuse is here [I forgot to add this to the original post and am looking back and feel bad- this is old though guys- like dusty old, ancient]

Nightmare had started a new middle school, it was much like most middle schools nothing was quite out of the ordinary.. until, he met cross. Cross was a very quiet kid, just like him of course but something about cross felt very wrong, he didn't seem to enjoy much of the things other people enjoyed and he often never talked about his parents. Nightmare had thought that cross maybe didn't have parents like him and his brother Dream but when asked by other classmates he never clarified anything.

He also had noticed that on the back of Cross's neck was a scar that seemed to run down his back. One day he had decided to approach cross in class. "Hey..um.. I'm nightmare, your name's cross right?" Cross would nod. "Well it's nice to meet you." He'd hold out his hand towards cross. Cross would glance down at nightmare's hand before gently pushing it away. Nightmare just looked at cross confused. "Um... Are you okay..?" He'd ask cross, curious. Cross would be hesitant before nodding. The bell rung so everyone would take their stuff and go home. To be truthful to say, nightmare was fascinated with cross he wanted to learn more about him.

Nightmare was on his way walking home from school when two kids had cornered him in an alleyway and threatened to stab him if he didn't give them anything valuable. They'd take his backpack and empty it out for any valuables as the other held a box cutter to nightmare's throat. The people began to examine the contents of backpack, when they found nothing valuable they added more pressure on nightmare's throat with the box cutter. Nightmare thought he had saw something or someone move in the corner of his eye so he'd call out for help, due to calling for help more pressure was added to nightmare's neck. Nightmare saw cross take one of the people's arms and bend it until a sickening cracking noise was made. "Let him go, now." Cross glared at the other person starting to bend the other arm on the other person. The person with the box cutter let go and grabbed their partner and ran off. "Thank yo-" cross would hand nightmare's backpack to him and walk off.

It had been a few weeks since cross has been in school, nightmare had started to get slightly worried for him. After that incident cross and nightmare had started to become friends sometimes nightmare would hang out at lunch with cross. The next day cross had returned, one of his arms were broken so naturally he'd be worried. "Hey cross? What happened to your arm?" He'd question the monochrome skeleton. "I fell out of a tree." Cross would look away from nightmare. Nightmare had an odd feeling about this but he had decided to not question cross further despite cross's growing negativity that he could sense. All day he could sense cross's negativity, but it was much worse at the end of the day. Nightmare had decided to try and investigate what was going on with cross so he had followed him home.

When he had followed cross he hid below one of the windows to the house. He would see cross enter the house tossing his backpack to the ground, another person was inside the house he was a tall man that had a sort of perfectionist kinda look to him. Nightmare could see the two sit down the taller man began to speak, he wasn't able to tell what the tall man had been saying but from the looks of it the tall man wasn't happy and neither was cross. The tall man grabbed cross by his other arm and held him still so that he could hit him, Nightmare watched in horror he couldn't push himself to move or do anything he just stood there watching. A few tears began to fall down his face, finally he'd run to the nearest police station to report the situation to them. After the police had came and had taken the tall man away cross would shakily hold nightmare. He'd grab nightmare and pull him in close kissing him.

Alright I'm done- I hope you enjoyed sorry if this was short I tried my best but I am not quite experienced-