Bluemoon

Bepo le-pipi: KingCammy66

Contains: gradient [errorink kid] x crescent [killermare kid], tomfoolery, fluff, oh and nightmare's a jerk

Crescent was currently at the table, listening to nightmare rant on and on about the others lack of work ethic, how useless they are, how he'd rather they come back dusted in a jar than having failed a mission. He glanced at his dad, killer, who was kinda just taking it. He didn't understand why killer would want to marry nightmare, to even have a child with him, he didn't understand what even was keeping killer here when he could so easily just leave. Crescent couldn't leave as easily..could he?
     Once it was over, he got up and left, about halfway through the door when killer called out to him. "Cress, where you going?" Killer was probably the best parent he had, he wouldn't really lie to him unless he had to.
    "Just going for a walk, I'll be back by 8," killer couldn't really stop him, and killer wasn't gonna. Crescent continued. "..take care of yourself, tell nightmare I went and got groceries."
    And then he left, heading to the grocery first and buying a few things, now he was heading out to see his favorite person; Gradient.
      Gradient had been working on a mural for the past few days, it being a mix of spray paint, acrylic paint, and yarn. His headphones were set nicely atop his head, Gradient currently humming to himself the song that was playing, not paying attention to his surroundings as he had taken a paintbrush, dipping it into the acrylic paint and spreading it across the wall, using the black paint on the white wall to make a tree silhouette.
  Crescent just smiled, sitting down next to the paint and waiting for Gradient to notice. He emptied the bag, setting out some chocolate for him, crescent eating his own snack that he had bought. He watched as gradient had went to put down the paintbrush, only to press the brush against crescent on accident, getting startled and crashing.
      After a couple of minutes, gradient had rebooted. "Crescent-! I'm sorry, you startled me-!" He wiped the paint off crescent's nose with the edge of his shirt. He took notice of the chocolate now. "Is this for me?"
     Crescent simply shrugged. "It's fine, and yeah it's for you, don't worry it didn't cost much, not like I'd care anyways.. you're worth it, besides nightmare is rich enough to afford it, it's not like he's going to melt." He rolled his eyes, watching as gradient smiled, unwrapping the chocolate, breaking off a piece and offering it to him. His reaction was delayed, but he took it. "Are you almost done with this?"
   Gradient shook his head, moving his glasses up a bit. "No, not yet, maybe in a couple more days it'll be done, although that depends on if- if I have all the materials to finish it, i think i have enough yarn, it's the paint that's going to be a struggle since all the layers of paint..i do have the sealant all ready though!" He went quiet, seeming to think about something. He knew crescent didn't really know much about art stuff, but he wanted to have him do something, it may not seem as important to crescent as it did him...but it'd be nice if they left their handprints on the mural.
      "I can always buy you more paint if you need any, you know I wouldn't mind, right?" He watched gradient nod, noticing a little bit of blush on his cheeks. Sometimes, crescent was sure that killer and gradient were the only ones that actually cared about him..he loved them so much, he knew he didn't really say it often but he loved his boyfriend and he loved his dad.
   Gradient nodded. "Yes, but I don't want you getting in trouble..I know that nightmare is mean, if you want- you- you could always stay with us if you need somewhere to go..!"
       Sometimes crescent was convinced that gradient was some sort of angel, he still didn't understand what he did to get him..but he'd happily do it again and again if given the chance. "Nah, it's fine, I can't really leave my dad behind, don't want him to have another one with nightmare-" he shuddered, thoroughly disgusted. The last time he ran away was the same weekend that merciless was made and he'd rather not think about that too much.
   Gradient let that sink in for a moment, just taken by surprise, but also disgust- he can definitely understand why crescent wouldn't wanna leave now. It was silent for a few moments,"hey cres?" He watched crescent's attention lay on him. "Would you maybe- sorta- wanna put your handprint in paint when it's done? Like as a final touch? I was just- just thinking that we could do it together, I know it wouldn't really seem as important but it'd..be nice you know?"
   He kissed gradient on the forehead. "Yeah, I can do that, and..if it's important to you, than it's important to me, besides I wouldn't mind. I like you, I like your work to, it'd be nice to just have something, just for us. If someone paints over it I'll be sure to make sure their pelvis meets their skull."
    Gradient sighed, chuckling. "Okay, but don't do that, don't hurt anyone- I don't think anyone would paint over it. Maybe on accident if they think it looks old and abandoned, but I'll probably work on it whenever it needs repairs. Plus there's more wall, I'm sure they're going to have painting spots besides ours."

As time rolled on by, the mural was finished, well almost. Gradient set his green paint covered hand down onto the wall, leaving a green handprint there, crescent following in gradient's step, teal handprint overlapping with green, as if they were holding hands. Now, this would just need to be sealed and it'd be officially done.  Gradient just smiled, holding crescent's paint covered hand with his, leaning his head on his shoulder.

The end, hope you liked!

Up next: kustard, sheniless, gamerlag, destructivedeathmare