How Embarrassing

*Obi-Wan POV*

The things that have been happening reminded me too much of the first assassination attempt against Senator Amidala. We protected her then and we will now but it just feels different this time. 

I fidgeted with the Kamino Saberdart as I stared at the computer that showed a blank space where Dexter had told me the planet of Kamino was supposed to be. And yet it isn't in the archives. 

Yoda would help. 

I got up from the large library chair and walked down to where the padawans were training. The door was open and I could hear the gentle instruction from the Master speaking in the distance. 

When I approached I walked into the room, letting Master Yoda know of my presence. When he saw me, he tapped his walking stick on the ground gently. 

"Younglings. Younglings!" He spoke to them as they took off their training helmets. "A visitor we have"

They all turn to look at me before greeting me in unison. 

"Hello," I responded before turning to Yoda. "I'm sorry to disturb you, Master." I apologize but he knows I would intrude like this unless it was important. 

He clears his throat. "What help can I be, Obi-Wan? Hmm?"

"I'm looking for a planet described to me by an old friend. I trust him, but the systems don't show on the archive maps." In fact, when I went to check in the library a rude old lady was very sure of herself that Kamino didn't exist and I was wrong. 

"Mmm..." Yoda thinks. "Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing." The younglings around me start to giggle a little bit which makes me smile. "How embarrassing. Liam, the shades." One of the kids pulls the shade down with the force, dimming the entire room. 

"Gather around the map reader," Yoda continues. "Clear your minds. And find Master Obi-Wan's wayward planet, we will."

The map reader illuminates the room from a tiny sphere. Stars twirl around the room and the kids' eyes light up in amazement. 

I walked around until I find the spot it should be. "It ought to be... here." I point at an empty space. "But it isn't. Gravity is pulling all the stars in the area towards this spot."

The younglings shift their attention towards Yoda when he starts to speak again. "Gravity's silhouette remains but the star and all the planets disappeared they have. How can this be?" He asks the class. "Hmm? A thought? Anyone?" 

A boy speaks up from right next to me. "Master? Because someone erased it from the archive memory." A smile tugs at the corner of my lips. The boy reminds me of me when I was his age.

Yoda chuckles while looking at me. "Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. The Padawan is right." Then Yoda pauses and the look on his face falters as his mind conflicts options. "Still, many unanswered questions there are. One person I know can give you answers."

"Who, Master?" I ask.

"Florence Likely. The planet Corellia, Master Windu says she is at. Answers she will give you."

"With all due respect, Master, why would Florence know about the missing planet?"

He nods at the fair question. "Corellia gets lots of tourists. Information, she may have."

Yoda started to tisk his tongue on the roof of his mouth and started to speak to the younglings again. "Hard feelings, Master Obi-Wan must overcome. The loss of a friend he has endured, meet that friend again, he will." Yoda looks back at me. "Corellia, you must go to. Coronet City, you will find her."

He nodded his head at me. I didn't have much of an option anymore. I turned on my heels after retrieving my map reader. 

I cared about Qui-Gon. Not you.

Those words played on repeat in my head for years. Finally, they went away after repetitive meditation but when Yoda spoke her name it came rushing back. I wonder if she knew how long those words stuck with me. Or if she ever regretted leaving. 

Once in the cockpit of my small ship, I punched in the coordinates to Coronet City and took off into space. I didn't have long to waste. I had to find out who was behind the assassination attempt. But for some reason, I was more scared to see Florence. 

I entered the system of Corellia and I let the gravity pull me in until I needed to slow down. I found the closest landing zone to Coronet City and slowly guided my ship down. I knew I would need to pay for parking so I dug a few credits out of my robes before climbing out of the ship. 

"Mind putting some more fuel in it?" I asked the native outside.

"Three credits," a man said huskily. I dropped the credits into his outstretched palm when my head started to pound with a headache. He looked pleased as he fumbled with the credits. "I'll send it down to the mechanic shop now but it won't be ready until tomorrow."

I nodded and thanked him. I would find a place to sleep tonight and then look for her tomorrow.