The Bounty Hunter and His Son

We sprint back into the pouring rain once again, this time caring less about the rain and more about the fact that the little boy was yelling warnings to his dad. Any kind of act they were trying to put on was fading fast. They were not some innocent people just trying to make their way in the universe. 

Jango Fett had a suit of armor on now with a helmet. Beskar. But he wasn't a Mandalorian. I'd met plenty during the ten years on Corellia and none of them ever take their helmet off. Ever

Out lightsabers were immediately in our hands, igniting them immediately. Purple and blue streaks graced the air, blocking the red blaster shots coming from two guns the bounty hunter was shooting. 

The lightsaber was heavy and it was obvious that I was rusty, especially standing next to Obi-Wan who was truly doing more of the work than I was. I wasn't upset about it. I was angry. But now was not the time for that to cloud my mind. Some of the Jedi's lessons were still engraved in my brain.

I hadn't even noticed that the kid had run into the ship and started to power it up as we dodged blaster shots. The ship starts to move and my heart sinks. 

First I see the missile the bounty hunter shoots towards Obi-Wan. The blast knocks us both off our feet. I curl my body into a roll and extend my body out of it, landing in a crouched position just fine. 

Now me and Obi-Wan are on the opposite sides of the deck. His lightsaber rolls out of his hand and into a completely unguarded place. 

I run to go and grab it but that's when the blasts from the ship start to shoot aimlessly around us. A shot misses my hand by a hair but it's enough to make me flinch from the heat. 

I see Obi-Wan and Jango throwing punches and I dive to grab the saber but, of course, Obi-Wan tried to grab it with the force. Jango wraps his hands with some kind of chord, yanking him away. 

"Dumbass!" I cry as the saber is knocked a few feet away. Before I help him, I grab his weapon. Now wielding two sabers, I turn around, ready to fight. My heart sinks when I see that neither Jango nor Obi-Wan is anywhere around. "Obi-Wan!?"

I curse under my breath as I look on every side of me, hoping maybe they're behind the ship. I run a hand through my dripping wet hair.

A horrible screech of metal comes from down below. I run to the edge of the platform and peer over just as Jango releases an attachment which was the only thing connecting Obi-Wan to safety. 

"NO!" Jango looks up at me just as he sighs a breath of relief. 

"I did you a favor," He screams through the wind, heaving in breaths. "You two aren't a team. I know you aren't his Padawan."

Everything in me wanted to fight him right now but it's been years since I've ignited my lightsaber. But I don't care anymore.

I waited for him to climb back up here. I put one saber hilt in my belt and another in a large pocket halfway down my pants. 

Jango mockingly laughs as he notices that I'm unarmed. "Not so strong without your gun, are you?" I spit. 

With one single swift move, Jango walks over to me, loops his leg around mine, and buckles mine, making me collapse. I breathe out a breath of pain as my knees hit the hard ground. Jango sprints to his ship, closing up the door. 

Right before they take off into space, I hear their guns power up one more time. My eyes widen as I notice that they are aiming for the ships. In one single blast, my ship explodes into a flurry of fire and metal. 

"FUCK!"

I don't even notice that Obi-Wan's come running out of the door and thrown something at the ship. My eyes were splotchy with the light from the fire. 

I whip around, noticing Obi-Wan. I stare at him, trying to look in the spots in between the white places in my vision right now, trying to make sure it's actually him. 

"Florence, are you alright?" It's his voice. He's alright. I don't know how but I don't care enough to ask questions. The fact that he is alive is more important than the why. 

"How the hell am I going to get back?" I can't control the pitch of my voice right now. Panic and fear swell in my cold chest. 

Obi-Wan looks at the wreckage, noticing that his ship is perfectly fine. Just his luck. 

"It's not even my ship. I won't be able to return Catoro's ship and no one steals from him. No one." I'm so fucked. 

"We're going to have to find a way for you to fit into my ship."

We both knew that it was near impossible for that to happen. 

I laugh breathlessly. "So say we somehow manage to fit in your tiny ship, where the hell am I going? I need to go home." The more I said it in my head the more I realized I couldn't go back anymore. No one steals from Catoro. If they do they die. I'll die if I ever show my face on that planet again. 

"Florence, I need to finish my mission. And you're just going to have to come along until I can find you a ship." There wasn't a single hint of pity or sorrow in his voice. He didn't care about anything but the mission. This is his mission, not mine. Why the hell should I be dragged into this? "I'm sorry but you have to understand, yeah?"

I hated that I did understand. There was no other way, at least reasonably, except just following him like a lost dog for a while. 

"Let's just get to your ship and figure it out."