Padme Would Be Proud

My closet wasn't big but it was filled to the brim with clothes. Another unsaid rule of Catoro's is you never wear the same outfit twice. Luckily for me, I prepared for the worse after the last time I went to Catoro's. I bought a new dress. 

If you aren't absolutely stunning at this party, you've probably done something wrong. If you come in street clothes, you aren't getting what you asked for. 

Once again. It's all about appearances. 

I brought out the dress that's been sitting in the back of my closet for over a year. 

I had washed my hair the night before so it was still clean. After running a brush through my hair a few times, I gently curled it gently to give it just enough volume. After putting on a thin layer of makeup with intricate eyeliner, I walked over to the dress.

The silk was soft as I pulled it over my head. It looked like something Padme would wear and it made me feel a little out of place. 

The metal corset clasped around my waist made me feel oddly secure. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror on the back of my door. No matter how miserable these parties are, they made me feel powerful. 

Obi-Wan had come back a few hours with the outfit but he wouldn't let me see it until he had it on. I went to change in my room while he changed in the living room. 

"Obi-Wan, you almost done?" I yelled through my door. 

His voice was muffled through the door but I could still hear. "I'm done." 

Before I walked out, I needed one more thing. I went back over to my closet and dug to the back until I found a locked box. I brought out the cooper box and waved my hand over it, letting the gears of the lock click until it opened. I refused to use the force unless I had to. It felt wrong. 

The box opened and revealed the silver ring. I slid it onto my index finger and the outfit finally felt complete. The familiar look of Mace's ring was welcome.

We had twenty minutes to get down to Catoro's which was fine. It wasn't a long walk down there. I walk into the living room and find Obi-Wan folding his robes and placing them on the cushion of a chair. 

He looks up at me and does a double-take before chuckling. "Padme would be proud."

"She'd be proud of you too," I motioned towards his clothes. He had on nice green robes with a black leather belt along with a decorative cape. 

He smiled and thanked me. 

"Just a couple of things," I said as he walked towards me and the door and tilted his head to the side. "Do as I tell you, ok? And also Catoro but mostly me."

He nodded in understanding as we walked out but not after I locked the door behind me.