Well That Wasn't Supposed to Happen

Obi-Wan kept his promise. He knocked on my door early in the morning, throwing some training robes into my room. I quickly got dressed and made up my bed, a routine that I did almost every day that I was here before. 

After I grabbed my lightsaber, I walked out of my room and noticed Obi-Wan leaning against a wall, waiting for me. He pushes himself off of it and starts to walk beside me. 

"I'll train with you every other day since I've got to work with my Padawan as well," He tells me. 

"Wait, isn't it against the rules to have two Padawans?"

He nods. "You aren't my Padawan. You aren't becoming a Jedi." There was a hint of mockery in his voice.

Right before we get to the room we were going to train in, we were stopped by Yoda. My heart stopped as he asked to privately speak to me. Obi-Wan nodded me forward and Yoda and I walked into the training room. Obi-Wan waited outside. 

The doors slide closed and I take a seat on one of the benches. There's a large mirror and a wall that is neatly organized with equipment. The room is pretty big and the floor is soft and bouncy.

Yoda walks toward me. "Welcome back, Miss. Likely." 

"Long time, Master." I bow my head to him. He does the same. 

"Danger there is in your training," He says thoughtfully. "Danger for us."

I raise an eyebrow, a little confused on what he was implying. "How do you mean?"

"The pull of the dark side is strong. First and only being to be trained without being a Jedi will you be. Lot's of power you will hold. Used for good or evil. Find you, I will, if the latter is chosen." He takes the silence as a queue for him to leave. He nods his head one last time before walking out of the sliding doors.

Obi-Wan's frame replaces his as the doors now close behind him. 

He slides the robe off his shoulders and hangs it on a hook beside the doors. He notices my blank expression.

"Everything alright?" He asks, walking over to me. 

My eyebrows furrow, still processing Yoda's words. "I think Master Yoda just threatened to kill me."

Obi scoffs, thinking I'm kidding. His eyes meet mine and his smile falls for only a moment before it picks up again. "I'm sure he was just messing around. His words can get lost in translation sometimes."

I shrug. "He said he'd find me if I use my powers for the darkside."

"Well good thing that's not going to happen, yeah?" He smiles a bit. "Come on, we have a lot to work on."

I take a deep breath before standing up. I reach behind me to grab my saber but Obi-Wan knocks it out of my hand. 

"After the way you faltered on Kamino, we'll use prop sabers for now."

"I did great on Kamino. I don't know what you're talking about." The jealously returned. He was better than me and it killed me. 

He smirks and hands me the plastic fake saber. "Says the one who hasn't held one in ten years." I roll my eyes and snatch the toy. 

We position ourselves across from each other. 

"Do you remember anything Mace taught you?" He asks, swinging the fake blade around like it was a feather. My eyes follow the colorless streak as it flies through the air in graceful spins. Almost immediately, he snaps the weapon down, making it stop moving. "Florence?" He snaps. 

"I remember a few things. Stances, spins, probably some hits and blocks. Just need to get that muscle memory back."

"Right," He says. "We'll work on the grip first. Hold your lightsaber in front of you." I do it. I stare at my fingers that wrap around the metal base with Mace's ring still on my hand. Something looked off about the way I was holding it but before I could try adjusting it, Obi-Wan had walked over.