Bad Feelings

*Two Years Later*
Minor spoilers for the Kenobi show in this chapter (more will be in future chapters)

"I don't want you going," Obi-Wan groaned as he sat on the small log covered in old rags that we used as a chair. "It's far too dangerous. We'll find another way to get the credits." 

I shook my head with a weak smile. "You know there's not," I snapped. 

Recently, we made friends with a Jawa. His name was Teeka. Teeka happened to sell us something really expensive unbeknownst to us or him. His tribe had gotten very very mad at him and threatened to kick him out unless he got the rest of the payment. We'd taken a liking to this little Jawa so we felt partially responsible. 

I paced around the small cave where we had made our home. It was very tiny but we managed to make a semi-functional kitchen, bedroom/bathroom, and living area. We'd made a new life for ourselves here.

I hated every fucking detail. 

Obi-Wan and I had to come up with aliases to protect our identities. Technically, I wasn't being hunted but Obi-Wan insisted that there be no way anyone from the Republic army would recognize my name. 

Obi-Wan was now Ben. I now went by my middle name, Aletia. Luckily for me, no one really knew my middle name except for the Jedi Masters.

This planet was hot and miserable. The people sucked. The dune sea sucked. Uncle Owen was a bitch. Everything was awful. Except for of course that Ben and Aletia were married in the eyes of everyone in town.

Obi-Wan barely provided for himself with his job at the Sand Whaling Station. It's where he cuts up the meat of a sand whale. He gets a small number of credits per day plus a small sliver of meat from the whale. It's enough to make him some soup. 

I've needed to find a way to provide for myself. 

Never joining the Jedi order again really paid off. I wasn't being hunted by the Inquisitors who was this group of people who spent their life hunting Jedi down. Apparently, there were more than just Yoda, Obi-Wan, and me that made it.

Since they weren't looking for me, I was able to be out a lot more often than Obi-Wan. Of course, using the force was incredibly dangerous and I only practiced with the two sabers at night and inside when no one but Obi-Wan was awake. Unfortunately, there was no contact from Yoda so the promise of communicating with Qui-Gon was void at the moment. Sometimes, I wondered if the master was ok. It wasn't like him to ignore people. But people have changed since the incident. 

Using the advantage of not being hunted, I became a bounty hunter to get money. But not a people bounty hunter. Instead, I hunted for valuable objects. You'd be shocked by the number of credits people pay to receive materialistic items. 

Most of the jobs I've taken have stayed close. Mostly still in the system of Tatoo. Some jobs were easy, some were ridiculously dangerous. But it was always worth the credits. 

This time, I'd received an offer that was paying a very very high amount to retrieve a stolen information drive. They wanted me to go and steal it back and return it to the rightful owners. It was the money we needed. And after we pay Teeka, we'd still have extra to spend on possibly some new clothes or soap. 

"Why don't you just find another job on Tatooine?" He hated when I left. I'd be gone for weeks at a time with minimal contact. I'd tell him when I landed and when I was returning home but too many transmissions would possibly blow my cover.

"We've been over this," I sighed. "It's too much money for me to pass up."

He shook his head, standing up from the log and walking over to me. I looked up at him. "It's too dangerous."

"I go to different planets for jobs all the time," I said with a hint of sass. 

"Right. Places like Adriana or Ohann," His voice became desperate. "Not to places like Corellia." I pressed my lips in a line. I go to speak but he cuts me off. "You told me that you could never return to Corellia, ever, because Catoro never forgets. You didn't return his ship after two days. You said that no one steals from Catoro," His voice begins to rise in pitch as he rambles on. 

"Maybe he forgot this time. I'm sure he's forgotten about it. Who knows if he's even still alive? I'll go by Aletia there. It'll be fine," I promise, taking his rough hands in mine. 

He shakes his head. "I have a bad feeling about this."

"I know you do," I say quietly. "But I have to do this for us. This one last mission and then I'll never take dangerous jobs ever again."

He hesitantly begins to agree until finally, he tells me I can go. I mean, I was going anyway but at least now he's made peace with it. 

"I'll leave in the morning."