The Night of Order 66

Tala and I were practically shoved off the transport with the wave of people hurrying to get to their destination. I'm sure most of these people were ruffians or people running from something, like Tala. 

Not far from here was Corellia Mechanic and Bar. I wondered if Dreft still ran the place and if he still wore all the jewelry he used to. When we finally got out of the transport station, I saw the planet for the first time in years. 

Some of the shops I remember passing on my way to work every day had been changed. The little diner I would always eat at during my lunch break was shut down. It needed reparations desperately. I wondered if that's what the rest of the planet had begun to look like.

Corellia was always a run-down planet but the bustling people kept it somewhat alive. Now, it seemed truly dead. There was little room for nostalgia as I looked at all the empty and dusty buildings. 

"You alright?" Tala asks, making me zone back in. 

I nod suspiciously fast. "Yeah, just haven't seen this place in a while," I tell her with a fake smile, still a little wary about her. "The place is just up- here..." My voice falls away as I see the bar.

The sign is barely hanging on, loose wires poking out around the neon lettering. However, the light was on even though it was flickering badly. It was still open. The windows on the door and at the front of the building were cracked as if someone took a metal pole and smashed it into the glass. 

I sighed as I approached the door. If there was anyone on this planet that would hear me out at all, it would be Dreft, my old manager. 

I kept my head low as I pushed the door open and walked through the door and into the brisk bar. It was about as busy as it normally would be at this time and day which made me somewhat hopeful. 

There was a man wiping the bar counter. He seemed to be the only one working. They were understaffed. I approached the blacktop counter.

"How can I help you?" He asks politely. 

I help my hand out, Mace's silver ring catches the dim lighting. "You will let us see Dreft, your manager," I whispered, waving my hand in front of his face. His eyes zone out blankly.

"I will let you see Dreft. He's in the back," The black-haired boy tells me. 

A smirk curves on my face. "I know," I grumble. 

Tala looks between us amazed. "Woah, how did you do that?" She asks, shocked. 

"Don't worry about it," I said vaguely as we approached. 

She doesn't ask any more questions as I push the old metal door open. The door squeaks, revealing the disheveled office that Dreft had. He wasn't in here meaning he was outside working on ships. 

I push open the door to get to the workshop and the sounds of tools and muttering swirled around me. There was the nostalgia. 

"Dreft?" I called out as I looked around. The loud mechanic tools stopped almost immediately. 

"Who's there?" And old gravely voice says from behind a ship.

I take a deep breath before speaking again. "It's-" I look behind me to Tala. If she tries anything when she hears my name, I'll kill her. It took me a minute to make peace with my decision. "It's Florence Likely." I watch Tala stiffen, giving me a confused look. 

I see Dreft's tiny Dug frame walk out from behind the silver ship. His greyish purple skin was covered in ship oil. "It is you," He says with emotions I can't quite tell. I didn't really expect a warm welcome since I just stopped showing up one day. "You're back." The tone was bitter.