Dismissed

A fist pounding on my door startled me awake. I jumped up and grabbed my robe, slinging it over my shoulders. I walked over to the metal door and pressed the red button that made it slide open. 

When I saw his dusty blonde hair, I reached for the button again to close it but his hand grabbed my wrist before I could. 

"We still have training today, Florence," Obi-Wan said in a harsh tone. I nodded and ripped my arm away from him. "I'll meet you down there." I nodded again and closed the door as I went to get changed into my training gear. 

It was a simple robe that was more form-fitting so extra pieces of fabric didn't detain or hold me down. 

I walked out, fastening the saber to my belt. We started using real lightsabers instead of the practice ones about a week ago. It felt good to use it. The purple illuminated the walls, floors, and ceiling. The weight of it felt natural in my grasp.

However, when I walked into the training room, I realized that lightsabers weren't the way we were going today. 

Obi-Wan was disarmed and waiting in the center of the00 training room. 

"We're doing hand-to-hand combat today," He said. "Put your saber over there," He pointed to the spot where his was laying. I placed my silver hilt with black rings next to his. 

I was always the worst at this and Obi-Wan knew it. 

"You remember simple things, yeah?" He asked as I took my place in front of him.

"I remembered enough to protect myself on Corellia," I responded thoughtfully.

He nodded and his face said 'not bad'. "Well, the people you'll be fighting aren't just regulars at your bar anymore. If you get disarmed mid-fight, you'll need stronger skills than that."

I nod. I know that. I'm not dumb. 

"We'll start with a practice run just so I can see what I'm working with," Obi-Wan instructed as he rolled up his sleeves. "Try not to hurt me too bad, love." Even though he said it mockingly, I felt my mind stutter. 

"Right," I mumbled. 

I balled my hands into fists as Obi-Wan took the first move. It was a simple punch that I easily dodged by stepping to the side. I wasn't too worried about falling since the floor was pretty cushioned. He reared back and threw another one. I ducked and hit him in the stomach while his arm was still out. 

He stumbled back but only slightly. It didn't take long for him to recover and juke me out. He had his fist raised like he was going to throw another punch so I braced for a dodge. He didn't get to throw the punch before he ducked down, wraps his arms around my waist, and flings me over his shoulder.

I knew what was coming seconds before I hit the ground with a thump. Rage boiled under my skin as I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. I skipped up quickly and charged at the Jedi. This time I spun once, gaining momentum before I went to kick him in the stomach. 

He caught my foot in midair, twisting it and throwing me to the ground again. This time I was face first on the cushions. The wind was knocked out of me but other than that, I was fine.

I got up again. I knew I wasn't going to win but I also wasn't going down without a decent effort. 

This time, he walks up to me. A few more pointless punches are thrown which makes me think too much of my upper body. So much that I forget that my legs were an open target. He swipes them both with one of his legs, making me lose balance.

Before I fall, though, I grab onto the color of his robes, trying to find anything for balance. I end up pulling him down with me, though. Right on top of me.