No One Steals From Catoro

The stars of the galaxy glittered in the sky as everyone began to leave. It was two in the morning.

The remainder of the party was easy to get through. Catoro never bothered us again. Right as we were about to walk out of the door, however, we were met by Catoro. 

He sarcastically dangled the keys above my open palm. "I want this back in two days. Only two. Understand?" He drops the metal into my hand and I close my fist. 

"Yes," I say blankly, trying to cut the conversation down short. I try to hurry as fast as I can outside, Obi-Wan behind me.

"I'm serious, Florence. I will hunt you down." The threat should be meaningless to me. But there was something that dropped in my stomach at the words. I didn't want to admit to myself that the force was telling me to be careful. I should've listened. 

We hurried back to the apartment, not wanting to be on the streets of Corellia too long, especially at night. 

I shut the door behind me and locked all the locks. Obi-Wan shrugged off the fancy cloak he had on and flung it aimlessly onto the couch. 

My eyes shut for just a moment and they were hard to open again, making me realize how exhausted I was. Obi-Wan turns to me. 

"Where is the ship going to be kept?"

"In the lot with the rest of them. It's about the only place he can keep it." Obi-Wan nodded. 

"When are we leaving? We really need to go."

I lean away from the door frame. "In the morning. As early as I can get up." This makes Obi-Wan smile a little. "You should get a shower and I can throw your clothes in the wash. They'll be ready by morning."

"Thanks, Florence." I nod and grab the beige robes, carrying them to a machine close to the bathroom. Once I throw them in and start the machine on the soft setting, I walk into my room.

I can hear the shower start in the distance. Glad he's taking my advice for once. 

It takes me longer than it should have taken to take the dress off and change into comfier clothes. I look in the mirror. The clothes don't match the face at the moment. The amount of makeup and the ridiculous hairstyle didn't exactly go with the dark cargo pants and tank top. 

I start to take my hair down and put it up in a low ponytail when I hear my name being called from the bathroom. 

"Yeah?" I yell back. 

Through the walls, I can hear his response. "I can't find your towels in here," he complains dryly. I sigh and stand up, remembering how I keep my towels in a small closet across from the bathroom. 

I should really change that.

My fist knocks on the door once I grab him a towel. 

"Close your eyes," He whispers before opening the door. I turn my body away from the door and I clench my eyes shut. I hold the towel out behind me and wait until I feel him grab it. When the door closes, I finally open my eyes again.

While I wait for him to finish his shower, I take my makeup off and wash my face. I see him walk out of the bathroom. He was shirtless but he had a pair was beige pants that he must of brought with him to sleep in. 

He towel dries his hair, which looks dark with the moisture, before shaking it out. "You're not a dog, Obi-Wan," I call from down the hall. I hear him chuckle a little before I step into the bathroom with a clean towel. 

Once I've showered and gotten re-dressed, I walk into the living room where Obi-Wan is sitting. I was half expecting him to be asleep by now but he wasn't. 

"Do you like it here?" He asks as I sit down on the chair next to the sofa he was on. "Like on Corellia."

I shrug and look around my loft as if it would give me an answer. "I liked it when I first came. I still do, I've grown a kind of family here. But it's not the same planet it was ten years ago." When I first came here, the planet was beautiful. Trees everywhere, plants on every windowsill. Now, gangs and people like Catoro took over. Coronet City was pretty much a safe haven. Outside of the town is the worst kinds of people you could ever come across.

"If you had the chance to leave, would you?" He doesn't look at me when he asks but I don't need to look at him to know what he's suggesting. 

"I'm not going back to Coruscant or any planet with a Jedi Temple on it." He doesn't necessarily look upset and I don't know why I wanted him to be. He should've disobeyed Yoda when he told him to come find me here. I still remember the last thing I said to him before I left for Corellia. I cared for Qui-Gon, not you. "Besides, even if I wanted too, I couldn't. I have to return Catoro's ship in a few days and no one steals from Catoro. I also have a job here that I can't just leave to go back to a place where I was miserable in the first place."

He looks up at me then. "You were never miserable at the temple." His tired eyes glare into me and for a moment my heart sinks to my feet. "I don't know why you left, but it couldn't have been because you were miserable. Did you tell Master Windu why you left or did you leave him wondering what he did wrong too?"

"Why did you care so much? We weren't close to friends." Anything remotely calm immediately faded from my face. "And Mace is the only one who knows why I left, thank you." Some malice in his posture went away but his jaw was still clenched. "And it wasn't anyones wrong-doing that made me leave except my own." He didn't say anything in return which meant he understood. After a few moments in silence, I spoke again. "We will leave early in the morning but we should get as much sleep as we can before we do."

I got up and walked to my room, leaving Obi-Wan to sleep on the couch.