Failed Padawan

My mind started racing again the second it came back to consciousness as if it had never stopped. Dooku. I'd recognized that name. He was once a Jedi who left the order, just as I had. I'd never seen or met him before. He was the white-haired man with the large ego. 

It doesn't take me long to realize that I'm floating in midair, chained by some kind of energy chain. I look to my right and I notice that Obi-Wan is right next to me. 

"Your awake, finally," His voice seems tired and annoyed. 

"How long have you been awake?" I ask.

He looks at me. "I never passed out." I suck in on my cheeks. Just another thing he won at. It shouldn't bother me.  

That's when the door slides open. And in walks Dooku. 

"Traitor." Obi-Wan wastes no time in calling him out. 

"Oh no, my friends. This is a mistake. A terrible mistake. They've gone too far, this is madness." A sick kind of sarcasm twisted his words. 

I struggled against one of my bonds to see how strong they were. "I thought you were the leader here, Dooku," Obi-Wan remarks. 

"This had nothing to do with me, I assure you." And yet we're still in chains. "I will petition immediately to have you set free. 

"Well, I hope it doesn't take too long. We have work to do." Dooku lets out a dry scoff. 

Dooku circles around us eerily. "May I ask why a Jedi Knight is all the way out here on Geonosis?" Dooku's eyes flick to me. "With company?"

"She's an old friend," He spits back. Dooku smiles. 

"What's your name?" He looks up at me.

I tilt my head to stare at him. "Florence."

A laugh bursts out of Dooku as if some kind of realization hit him. "Don't tell me this is Mace Windu's failed Padawan." My heart wanted to cry but my brain was thinking of all the ways I could get out of these bonds. 

"She's not a fai-" He's cut off by Dooku

"Can she not speak for herself?" Obi-Wan stops talking, staring daggers at Dooku as he continues to pace around us.

He turns back to me, cocking his head as if teasing me to go on. I don't know what to say.

"You're the one who left on the night of Qui-Gons funeral." His entire manner and tone shifted. He fakely makes a frown and furrows his eyebrows weakly. "I wish he were still alive. I could use his help right now." 

I could feel the anger rising in Obi-Wan. "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you," He spits. 

"Don't be so sure, my young Jedi. You forget that he was once my apprentice, just as you were once his. He knew all about the corruption in the senate but he would have never gone along with it if he had learned the truth as I have."

"The truth?"

"The truth."

My brain started to panic. I can't get out of here even if I wanted to. Dooku started talking about how this 'Darth Sidius' was in control of the senate and a whole bunch of other things without the Jedi knowing. 

Now, I haven't been to the temple in ten years. But I know they aren't that dumb. They can't be that blind. 

Dooku told us he wanted us to join him... when we denied he said that it would be difficult to secure our release just before he leaves.