Someone's Here For You

*Florence POV*

"Lore," Dreft says the moment I walk through the door to start work. "Mind working on ships today?" I nodded. This normally happened when we had busier days. And weekends were always the busiest. Dreft was quick at drinks and I was proficient at the ships. 

I normally wore black to work so the stains from oil wouldn't be obvious. The smell of gasoline filled the air as I stepped out to the workshop. Dreft had hung a list of things that needed to be done. 

I grabbed the parchment and read through the list. I always did the easy things first because it made me feel more productive. 

Halfway down, there was an order for more fuel on a red Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor. A kind of ship I haven't seen in years and only two people I knew of to fly one of those. 

I walked down to the hanger where the ships were parked. It was easy to pick out the ship among the rest. It was shiny and clean. A ship only Jedi's were permitted to drive. This was a Jedi's ship. 

My breath hitched as I approached it, dragging the fuel attachment behind me. I hook the fuel up to the ship and press a few buttons as it starts to fill up. I traced my finger along the side of the ship, remembering when I once flew in one of these.

Hurried footsteps behind me make me flinch, taking my hand away from the ship. Deft's small frame walks into view "Someone's here," He spits "Here for you." I raised my head and go to question him. "Don't ask, I don't know who he is."

He.

"Give me a moment to finish the fuel on this ship." He nods and walks away back to the bar. 

It's not rare for people to visit people at work. But I didn't know anyone on Corellia which is why I chose to live here. Frustration builds in me. The only person who could possibly visit me here is Catoro and if he was visiting me, I fucked up badly. 

I clicked the fuel off and put away the tank before brushing my hands off on my black cargo pants. 

My heart pounded, somehow hoping whoever was waiting for me stopped being patient and left. 

A tingle down my spine reminded me that I wasn't immune to the pull of the force. Just because I left the order doesn't mean anything has gone away. Especially the memories. My saber skills have become rusty but I also haven't picked it up in ten years. 

I entered the back room, the room that connected the shop to the bar, and the chatter of the bar could be heard through the closed door. I looked quickly in the mirror above Dreft's desk. My hair was a mess and my face was smeared with the grime of the shop. I quickly tried to rub it off with the sleeve of my shirt but all that did was make my face red. 

Before I had the thought to run, I quickly opened the door to the bar. 

Dreft saw me walk in and nodded his head to a hooded figure in the back of the room. I guess the person heard, or felt, my presence because he lifted his head. The shadows peeled away from his face and even though the light of the bar was dim, I could see him clearly. 

He looked different from the newly awarded Jedi Master I left on Naboo. 

The man stands up quickly, letting the rest of his hood fall from his head. I was right.

My feet are cemented to the ground for a moment while I just stare. My heart pounds in my ears. He looks very different. His hair was longer and shaggier but he still had that annoyingly perfect posture. I quickly walked over to him, trying not to draw too much attention. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I seeth under my breath. He takes a seat again and I sit across from him. 

"Nice to see you too," He sighs. 

I bury my face in my palms for a moment before taking a breath. "That didn't answer my question."

Obi-Wan looks around to make sure no one is lurking and listening before he starts whispering. "I need your help." I leaned back in my chair with a huff. "Look, you think I want to be here anymore than you want me to? Yoda told me to come so I did."

"Why would-"

"Well if you would let me tell you without interrupting me then maybe you would find out." I deadpanned at him for a moment. This is not the same person I used to know. I raised my hands in surrender and let him keep talking. "There was a failed assassination attempt against Senator Amidala. We found the assassin but before we could question it, it was killed. With this." He pulled something out of his robes. He places a tiny object on the table.

Three ridges tapered its metallic side. I picked it up and twisted it in the palm of my hand. "What is this?"

"An old friend of mine told me it was a Kamino Saberdart." I put the dart down and stared at him. "So you do know of Kamino."

I nodded my head. I waved my hand around the bar. "You don't work in a place like this and not hear of places like that. Travelers come from every star system and none of them keep their mouths shut. I overhear things."

"What do you know of them?" He asks, putting the dart back in a pocket. 

"Kaminoans are easily bribed by money and it's probably not smart to get on their bad side." I looked around the quickly filling bar. "You think the Kaminoans are behind the assassination attempt?"

He nods and looks down at his hands. "Do you know where it is?" I nod my head. "Can you take me to them?" Desperation fills his voice. 

"I can take you there but that is as far as I go." Silence fills the gap between us once he nods his head. "How's Windu?" I finally asked after what felt like minutes of nothing. 

He looked up at me. "He misses you." That's not what I wanted to hear. "He won't say it though. No one talks about it." It. 'It' being that I left. 

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that the Delta-7 in the shop is yours," I say, desperate to change the conversation I started. I just needed a 'good' or a 'bad' not the rest of that. 

He nods his head. Delta-7's only have a one-passenger cockpit. We will need a second ship if I'm going with him. I plan to drop him off and then leave so we will need another one. Problem is, I don't have a ship anymore. I sold the one I came in ten years ago because I needed to buy a house and food before I got a job. 

"We will need a second ship," I mumble.

He shrugs. "You work in a mechanic shop, shouldn't be that hard to get one."

I stare at him blankly. "We work on other people's ships. Not our own." He looks up from his hands again. "None of us have ships. None of us ever planned on leaving."

He should've thought of that before he came here in a one-person ship. "Shit." It took everything to not slam my hands on the table as I realized the only option. "There's only one place where I can get a ship that quickly."

"I have credits. I can help buy it," He offers quickly. I shake my head. 

"The place I'm thinking doesn't accept money." He looks at me with the most confused look. "I'll need just one night to do what I need to do."

"Whatever it is, I'll help. This is my assignment, not yours."

I shook my head. "You were never much of a partier, Obi-Wan."

"Party? Wha-"

"I'm not going to talk about it in here," I whisper harshly. "Go outside. I'll convince my boss to let me go early and I'll meet you and explain it somewhere safer." He nodded and flipped the brown hood of his cloak back over his head before walking outside. 

I've done everything to forget about the order. Even stopped wearing Mace's ring. But the force had other plans.