Dinner With The Chancellor

I lost track of the amount of time I've been back at the temple. Obi-Wan and I continued our training and I'm finally feeling like I did a long time ago and I loved it. Mace has still yet to talk to me at all. He's somehow managed to avoid my path this entire time. 

I haven't received any more threats from Yoda. In fact, I think he's starting to trust me. 

Anakin and I have basically become siblings at this point and it annoys the shit out of Obi-Wan. 

The sounds of quiet footsteps fill the perfectly lit library as I sit in one of the chairs, reading about different moons. My favorite was the Moon of Endor. It had these little creatures called the Ewoks that inhabit the moon. 

I look up as I saw a shadow start to cover my page. Obi-Wan stood in front of me. 

"The Chancellor has invited us to dinner," He says, his arms crossed loosely in front of him. 

"Who's us?" I close the book over my thumb until I can find some kind of bookmark. 

"You, me, and Anakin. You don't already have plans tonight, do you?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "No, I don't. But why does he want dinner with us?" I scoff.

He shrugs. "Not sure. He just said that he wants to have dinner with two of the strongest Jedi in the temple. And the strongest Non-Jedi here, as well."

The council decided that it be best that no one except a select few know that I am training here. For my safety, since I have a bounty on my head on Corellia, and for the temple's safety. If the wrong people found out that a force-sensitive person was training with the force, they might try to take advantage of the lack of commitment I hold with the Jedi. 

The council, Chancellor Palpatine, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme are the only ones that are aware. Everyone else thinks that I am here because of some trouble on Corellia.

Part of that is true. When I lived there, I lived in one of the big rich cities. Not everywhere is like that on that planet. Some pretty awful people live there. The outlying cities are poverty-filled and crime-ridden. It's not pretty.

"Shall we?" He asks. I nod and place my book down. I stand up next to him and we walk out of the giant library. 

"The Chancellor freaks me out," I say as we near the dining hall. 

Obi-Wan nods in agreement. "Yeah, he is a bit strange, I feel."

We walk into the room and notice that Anakin is already there talking to him. His face lights up when he sees me and Anakin runs up to hug me. 

His hair is starting to get a lot longer. It suits him. 

"Please," The Chancellor's large voice echoed throughout the room. There was food already on the table. "Take a seat."

We all sat around the Chancellor who sat at the head of the rectangular table. 

"So, Florence Likely," His voice made the sound of my name send shivers down my spine. "How is your training going?"

"Well, it's pretty much done. It's not like I started from scratch."

He nods his head with a large smile. "No second thoughts about joining the Jedi Order." I shake my head as I take another bite of food. "May I ask why, Miss. Likely?"

"Well, you can. Doesn't mean I'll answer." I receive a sharp jab in the side from Obi-Wan elbows. I shoot him a glare.

Palpatine laughs as kindly as he can. "Maybe you don't feel you can follow the code. Perhaps a partner?"