Don't Ever Do That Again

I sit in a small room aboard the ship that carried me to some kind of safe house where rebels from all across the galaxy had found.

Obi-Wan walked in as he told me he would after talking to Leia for a second. He had explaining to do and so did I.

We talked for what felt like hours about Vader being Anakin and how each of us found out. Then he explained the woman named Reva who was the one who seemingly started the whole thing.  We talked about Tala and I explained how I knew her. Then I told him about what happened on Corellia and how Dreft was still pissed and then how I killed him and Catoro.

Obi-Wan explained the ten years for him and I explained the years for me.

He eventually pulls me into a hug once again. "Everything and everyone told me you were dead," He says, refusing to pull away.

"I'm so sorry. I should've stayed on Tatooine. You were right," I tell him, placing my chin on his shoulder.

"I'm just glad you're alive," He says tiredly. 

A pit sat in my stomach as I contemplated asking the one question that I didn't want to. "How long was I gone for?" I spit out.

He sat silently, pulling away from the hug. "Eight years."

"Oh my... I'm so sorry." Tears gloss over my eyes.

"Even Owen was worried about you," Obi-Wan says with a bit of humor.

I let out a snarky laugh. "Really?" I ask surprised. He nods.

Silence fills the gap between us. The hum of the engine beneath us roars. "So," I break the silence. "Leia?"

He nods, looking at his hands. "She was kidnapped. Originally I wasn't going to help-"

"The hell do you mean you weren't going to help?" I snap, interrupting him quickly.

"Lore, after you left, things got bad again. The paranoia, the dreams, the memories. You prevented those and then, just like everyone else, you were taken from me." I got quiet, sinking into my seat. "Bail came to Tatooine and told me that you would risk everything to save Leia. And here I am."

"What were you scared of?" I ask him. Surely the dreams couldn't have been what was stopping him from saving Padme and Anakin's child.

He sighed. "After you left, I had no one to train with. I lost motivation for anything. I became weak. I didn't want to fail another person. Saying that I wouldn't because I needed to protect Luke was easy. Saying that I needed to protect Luke was safe. But you wouldn't have done easy or safe."

"You made the right decision," I told him, grabbing his hand. 

He nods. "We'll get to the safe house and then from there, we will get all the people out of there and somewhere safe. Then we will take Leia home." I smile at the plan.

I watch as he twirls the ring around his finger. "Don't ever scare me like that again," He says, his voice low. He wasn't angry, just very emphasized. "Waking up every morning without you, walking through the dune sea without you right behind me, not having our talks about our favorite memories back home... it was the loneliest feeling in the galaxy." Tears pooled beneath my eyes.

I placed my arms around his neck as I pressed our lips together, the tears falling from my cheeks to his. His hands rested on my waist, making my stomach swirl. 

The door opens and the little girl walks in, a smirk growing on her face as Obi-Wan and I break the kiss. Her arms are full of blankets and pillows.

She giggles a little. "Tala wants me to tell you that we will land in the morning. I brought you guys blankets and stuff." She sets them down right inside the door. "See you in the morning." Obi-Wan bids her the same.

After the door closes again, Obi-Wan looks back at me. "I do believe that this is yours." He pulls the silver ring off his pinky." I hold out my hand and he slides it back on the finger it belonged. I kissed him again before standing up and getting the blankets and pillows. 

I threw a brown blanket at Obi-Wan as I started to spread out the thicker quilt down on the ground as a makeshift mattress, placing the two pillows at the top. It wouldn't be super comfortable but it's better than nothing. 

I laid down on the side I wanted, the side I would sleep on Tatooine. Obi-Wan joined me quickly. Once he was comfortable, pulling his brown blanket over him, I slid closer. 

I didn't have a blanket since I used the quilt as a mattress so Obi-Wan let me share it.

I faced him as his arm caressed me, rubbing my back up and down. I slid my palm under his robes, letting my cold hand run over his bare chest. I felt him tense up a little. I scanned his face to make sure he was fine. A smile was faint on his lips.

He looks down at me and they're filled with something I haven't seen from him in a long time. His eyes flick to my eyes before his hand brushes my hair out of my face before kissing me. He moves his hands down to my waist, moving me. I move my hips the way he wants me to. My legs straddle him, not breaking the kiss.

He groans into the kiss and I smirk. His cold hands trace circles in my hips as we move in tandem. 

I feel a strong hand spread out on the small of my back, bracing me before I get flipped on my back, making up switch positions. 

This time, he lets his lips slide down to my neck, slightly sucking on different spots until I let out a soft moan.

"I also missed our moments like this," He whispers. I can feel him smile against my neck before returning to my lips. One of his hands is braced on my thigh and the other has made its way to my neck, rubbing the places where his bruises were left. 

"Fuck, I missed you," I groaned as he pulls away from the kiss. We both open our eyes and Obi-Wan goes back to laying beside me. 

I still face him as we get ready to go to sleep. Obi-Wan grabs one of my legs, making mine lay over his. His hand rests on my thigh. His other arm pulls me closer as we start to drift off into a peaceful dreamless sleep.