Chapter 7

After 3 more days in the hospital finally, Cassandra can finally go home. A month after, she can see the improvement of her Mom and their relationship. But her trust issues are stopping her with trusting her mom, that's why she's still distancing herself to her. Irene doesn't want to pressure her. She always remember what Dra. Soriano said.

Small Steps. One Step at a Time.

There was a time when they went to the church and they are in the peace be with you part. Irene was about to kiss her daughter when Cassy just bow down. She smiled strangely to her Mom and avoided her gazes. Irene knew then that her daughter is till having a hard time with things. She is not getting tired of understanding her daughter, because Cassandra is also like that when they were still ok. 

There was also a time when Cassy went home late. She is already expecting her Mom to scold her, but to her surprise she was welcomed by a hug from her Mom. Every single day her Mom asks her if she's ok or if she needs someone to talk to. She is not used with this kind of treatment. But she knows that her Mom is trying her best to make it up to her. They are both in the process if healing, adjusting, and trusting.

Giving Irene a second chance is not bad right?

It is now September and it's the birth month of Irene. They are now heading to Ilocos because 3 days from now it is the birthday of the late president Marcos. They chose to travel by car, for more family bonding. They are in between their 5 convoys. The 1st van is Imelda's, together with Aimee and their personal assistants. The 2nd van is Imee's, with the Manotoc boys. The 3rd van is Bongbong's, together with his family. And the 4th van is Irene's.

Inside the Araneta's van all you can hear is the engine and the aircon. The boys are sleeping including Greggy and Celeste who are sleeping together. The driver, Irene, and Cassy are the only ones who are awake. Irene is watching on her phone, while Cassy is reading a book. She is actually sleepy, pero nilalabanan niya ang antok niya. Dahil alam niyang makakatulog siya sa balikat ni Irene. 

Yes. Magkatabi sila. 

Meanwhile Irene is simply offering her shoulder already to her daughter. Because she can feel any minute from now makakatulog na ito. She wants to hug her daughter, ngunit ayaw niyang biglain ang kanyang anak. Unti unti ng nahuhulog ang ulo ng kanyang anak at nahulog na ang libro nito. She picked up her daughter's book, and put it in her bag. She shouldered and placed Cassy's head in her chest, and used her other hand to hug Cassy. Hinaplos niya ang mukha ng kanyang anak at hinalikan ang ulo nito. She was surprised when her daughter hugged her back.

Habang si Cassy nakaramdam na may yumayakap sa kanya and she smelled her Mom's scent. She's too sleepy to remove her Mom's hand and to complain. Anyways, she missed this cuddle moments with her Mom that's why she just let Irene hug her. (sana all)

Matagal pa ang biyahe at nakaramdam na ng antok si Irene kaya isinandal niya ang ulo nya sa ulo ni Cassy. Hours have passed they decided to have a stop over para makapag pahinga din muna ang mga drivers. 4 hours pa bago makarating sa Ilocos. Irene decided na maiwan muna sa sasakyan at hayaan munang matulog ang kanyang anak. 30 minutes have passed and nagising na si Cassandra. She was shocked na silang dalawa nalang ng kanyang Ina ang nasa kotse. Nang maramdaman niya na nakayakap parin sa kanya ang kanyang Ina ay napa upo siya ng maayos. Napatigil si Irene sa pag babasa ng libro dahil sa ginawa ng kanyang anak. 

"Hey babe gising ka na pala" tugon nito dito

"N-napahaba po ata ang tulog ko sa balikat niyo, p-pasensya na po." hiyang hiyang sabi ni Cassandra. Hinawakan ni Irene ang mukha ng kanyang anak at nginitian ito.

"It's ok mahal ko. I love it nga pag natutulog ka sa balikat ko you are like my little baby girl." ngumiti nalang si Cassy at inayos ang kanyang sarili.

"Tara na anak, nagstop over muna kasi tayo para makapag cr ka and maka kain na tayo medyo mahaba pa ang byahe natin niyan. And yung book mo pala nandyan na sa bag mo nahulog kasi kanina." sabi naman ni Irene na nakangiti. Tumango lamang si Cassy at binuksan na ni Irene ang pintuan ng Van. At lumabas na hinintay lamang niya na lumabas si Cassy at isinara na nito ang pintuan. She offered her hand to Cassy already expecting that her daughter will not accept it. So imagine the surprise in her face when her daughter accepted and hold her hand too. Cassy just smiled and they went in to the restaurant.

Short update for all of you. Thank you for waiting sorry naman nabusy ni Author hehe. Hope you all liked this chapter! - C <33