Chapter 22

After what happened, Irene made sure that she'll be a better mom to her daughter. That she will get the treatment she deserves. Irene became so hands on with Cassy. They sleep together, she cooks for her, help her with stuffs, and most specially she makes her daughter feel that she is loved and important. But

They are currently in Bulacan as Irene wanted to be in peace, far from her husband. And so that her daughter can also have some fresh air for she knows that she is already suffocated with the air in Manila. It's currently 6:15 in the morning and Irene just entered the room to wake her daughter up as she told her Mom before they sleep to wake her up at 6:30 so that Cassy can still review for her 8:30am class. It's their midterms already. And it's her second day which she hates as she hates the subject for that day. She still has 3 days remaining. Irene saw her daughter covered in a thick blanket and still sleeping. She carefully sat down in bed and hugged her daughter. She caressed it's cheeks and kissed her forehead. This is Irene's way of waking her daughter up so that her daughter will be in a good mood. Also this is Cassy's preferred way of waking her up. Gentle and Calm.

"Louise? Anak wake up na. Luna may school ka pa right?" Irene woke her daughter up and gently peppered it's cheeks with a kiss. She heard her daughter groaned.

"Mommy sleepy pa ako ayoko na po pumasok pagod na me super ayoko na. I just want to sleep." Cassy tiredly ranted and turned her back in front of her Mom. Irene chuckled.

"Pero mahal ko you told me mag rereview ka pa diba?"

"Wag na magreview. Wag na mag aral. Mamamatay din naman." Cassy said that made Irene frown.

"Maria Cassandra Louise." She said. Not stern. Not soft.

"5 minutes more please." Cassy sleepily pleaded and hugged her Mom as she buried her face in Irene's chest. Irene looked at the clock it's already 6:23.

"Ok. Ok baby 5 minutes." Irene said and hugged her daughter tight.

7 minutes have passed and Irene woke Cassy up again.

"6:30 na love halika na." Irene said. Cassy opened her eyes and immediately smiled when she saw her Mom.

"Good morning Mommy!" she exclaimed and peppered her mom's cheeks with kiss. Irene giggled.

"Ikaw ha. I love you." Irene said and kissed her in the forehead.

"Come now baby. I cooked your favorite breakfast na para may energy ka." As Irene said that Cassy's eyes sparkled.

"Omg! Eto na nga babangon na nga para sa beef tapa ni Mareng Eneri oh." Irene frowned with what her daughter said. Cassy knows she's in danger that's why she hurriedly went down but too late Irene caught her and tickled her.

"Eneri ka diyan ah. Anong mareng eneri ha." Irene said while still tickling her daughter. Their house is full of laughter but Irene also stopped as her daughter needs to eat and review.

"Mommy ang sarap talaga promise huhubels." Cassy said and raised her fork with some tapa on it. Irene just laughed at her daughter. After eating Irene volunteered in cleaning the table as it's already 6:58am and her daughter still needs to take a bath and review. After cleaning she decided to brew some coffee for herself and for her daughter. She makes the best coffee as her daughter said. When she was done making coffee for her daughter she went to her room. She knocked but no one answered. For Cassy is already in her earphones and already reviewing. She opened the door and saw her daughter reviewing it's notes. She went to her and placed the coffee that made Cassy look at her.

"Oh sorry did I disturb you?" Irene asked.

"No no. Thank you for this ma. Super ayaw ko na po talaga." Cassy said and hugged her Mommy. Indeed she was so tired already. She didn't tell her Mom yet that she'll be the valedictorian for the whole batch.