Chapter 21

Days have passed Irene stayed with her daughter in Imee's house. Imee, as the understanding tita let them stay in her house as she is staying in Ilocos right now with Imelda to give space for her sister and niece to heal. The two ladies have been very fragile. Ini-ingatan nila lahat ng kanilang sinasabi o ginagawa sa isa't isa. Especially Cassandra, she has noticed that her Mom is acting different.

Tulala. Tahimik.

If Irene is not sitting she is just laying down. That bothered Cassy. She'll try to talk to her mother but the only answer she'll receive is a nod or just a look from her Mom. She feels that her Mom is disconnected to the world. Irene doesn't eat unless Cassy will bring her food in her room and will eat with her. She lost a lot of weight, dark circles are evident in her eyes. Irene is always annoyed and silent.

Cassy is cooking for her and for her Mom as of the moment. As her school finished early and she has done all of her school works. She was already burnt out that day as it was their hell week, their council has an event the day after tomorrow, her pendings, and worrying her Mom's condition. She's physically, mentally, and emotionally tired. But she makes sure Irene will not see her in that state. She doesn't think about herself anymore she only thinks about her mom.

She prepared the chicken adobo and rice she cooked in the tray and added some apples and oranges. She placed a glass of water and the medicines prescribed for her Mom which Imee gave her before flying to Ilocos. She carried the tray and went up to Imee's room where Irene is staying. She tried to knock but no one responded to her that's why even struggling she managed to open the door. And to her surprise her Mom is not there.

"Mommy?" She asked. She checked the balcony there is no signs of Irene.

She placed the tray of food in the table and heard something. The sound of water running. It was coming from the bathroom.

She didn't know why but it made her heart race. She can hear her own heartbeat. She felt like drinking three shots of espresso. Dinaig niya pa ang pagpapalpitate. She hurriedly opened the door. She froze. She saw her Mom, lying in the bathtub full of water while her face is already drowned in the water. The faucet is open and the water is already overflowing from the tub.

Irene's eyes were closed and she was still in her clothes. Cassandra closed the faucet and brought her mom up. She flinched because of the ice cold water as the air condition was also turned on, the coldness of the water and aircon collided.

"Mommy!" She tapped her. With how intense her tap is, Irene opened her eyes. She looked so drowsy and tired. She was in pain. Her skin was so cold, and her skin became more pale. Lighter that almost her veins can be seen.

Irene was shaking as Cassy's trying her best to make her stand up. She can't as she was also becoming weak seeing her Mom's situation. She was wet but heck, her mom is more important.

"Anak? Cassy?" Irene weakly gasped. She was holding her daughter so tight for support as she feels so weak.

"Naynay! Naynay patulong!" Cassy shouted as she snatched her towel that is hanged to wrap Irene's body. Manang Linda went to them and without asking questions she hurriedly helped Cassandra to bring Irene out of the tub. Cassy was wiping Irene's body as she made her sat down in the toilet bowl.

"Anong ginawa mo, Ma?" Cassy asked as she quickly removes Irene's clothes. Basang basa na ang banyo. Even the rugs were dripping wet. She clothed Irene with the clean and dry clothes from her bag but it was hard for her because Irene couldn't move her body and stand straight because of the coldness she is feeling

Nagpakuha siya ng bagong tuwalya upang ibalot ito kay Irene. She can feel her Mom's shake. Manang Linda ordered the other maids to get some hot water and basin with a towelette for Cassy to wipe her Mother. Hinaluan nalamang nila ito ng medyo malamig na tubig upang hindi mapaso si Irene.