Chapter 8

They already finished eating after an hour and a half. Their trip went well they exchanged jokes to each other. Cassy was laughing but still silent. They did not mind her anymore as they want her to atleast have a moment with herself.

They are now in their family house in Ilocos Norte and preparing to sleep because it's been a long drive for them. Cassandra was about to sleep when she suddenly felt thirsty. That's why she went down to get water and to her surprise her parents was still there but they did not noticed her that's why she did not mind them. While she was drinking she heard her parent's voices getting near her and she was not wrong, she was about to wash her glass when her Dad spoke

"I thought you're sleeping na baby?" Greggy said. 

"Just got thirsty Dad, I'll just wash this and gonna sleep na po." she respectfully said. Hinugasan na niya ang baso at lalabas na sana ng kusina ng hinawakan siya ni Irene.

"Can you sleep with us anak? It's ok if hindi pwede w-we'll understand." Irene asked hesitantly. 

Cassy thought about it. Is this the day she's waiting for? Is this the start of fixing their relationship. Is she going to say yes? But she wants to be alone for now. But if she'll say no, her Mom will get hurt. She hates hurting her Mom, she hates seeing her Mom get hurt. She's having a hard time deciding and they can see it in her face.

"H-How about Celeste? For sure she wants to be in between you." she reasoned out.

"N-no mahal ko. She's with your tita Imee. And she doesn't like me as her katabi. She likes your dad." Her Mom sweetly smiled at her. It's true though, Celeste is really a daddy's girl. She is still thinking. There's nothing wrong with agreeing right?

"Oh. O-ok. I-I'll just get my pillow and I'll go to y-your room po." she said and made her exit in the scenario. She was also surprised because after 5 years she'll be sleeping with her parents again. She's feeling many kinds of emotions right now and her anxiety is getting crazy again. She calmed and fixed herself before going to her parents room. She knocked and waited for them to answer, but to her surprise her Mom opened the door for her and let her come in. 

"S-saan po ako pupwesto?" actually ayaw ni Cassy na sa gitna siya ng mga magulang niya. Either she wants to sleep alone or sleep with her Mom only. No more no less. She's the kind of person who gets happy easily just giver her some candy she'll be happy, cook her favorite food she's happy. But it all changed in an instance. She hates being happy, because for her the consequences of that is deep sadness. 

"Here anak kay Mommy. I'll be in between you and your dad." Cassy just nodded also surprised that her Mom still knows what she wants.

She went in bed and positioned herself. She was about to face on the other side when Irene hugged her. She didn't even bother to move or what she just let her Mom put her to sleep. Her head was in her chest, she can hear her mom's breathing and can feel her heartbeat. She was hesitating if she'll hug Irene. But she feels like she'll melt when she heard her Mom's voice.

"Tulog na mahal ko hayaan na muna, natin ang mundo." Irene softly sang while caressing her daughter hair. Cassy just wanted to cry that time, she's been hard to her Mom and to herself. Because all she wants was her Mom's attention. 

Irene on the other hand, was humming "You Are My Sunshine" to her daughter. It's their routine before when they were so close. Cassy felt sleepy and closed her eyes. 

"Good night mahal ko. Thank you for agreeing to be here, you don't know how happy Mommy is. I love you my sunshine." Irene whispered and kissed her daughter forehead thinking her daughter is already asleep. 

"I love you too Mommy so much." Cassy weakly said and hugged her Mom back, reason why Irene tightened the hug. A tear fell from Irene's eyes. She softly kissed her daughter's forehead for a couple of times and caressed her face and her hair.