Chapter 17

It's already the new year's eve and the Araneta's will celebrate their new year at Forbes. Usually they celebrate it at San Juan, but this year is different. After a year, Cassy is already with them and they have a new baby coming. Everyone is busy preparing for later. But first they'll attend the mass so that tomorrow they'll just go to San Juan for lunch.

Irene was just wearing a red maternity dress that is oversized and a pair of white doll shoes. The public just knew that she was pregnant when her children posted their family picture while she was showing her bump. Greggy was wearing a red polo and khaki pants paired with the shoes her daughter gave her. Celeste and Cassy were wearing a matchy red long korean puff sleeves dress and sandals. Alfy and Luis were wearing the same as Greggy. But their colors were different.

Their travel time was fast. They are now in Manila Cathedral. They did not expect that there was no media. It's better because they don't really want Irene get exposed with the media for now. The two kuyas were the first one to go down to assist the ladies. Cassy was the first one to get down and assisted her Mother. Irene smiled at her daughter what a sweet gesture she thought.

Cassy became so protective at Irene that she never lets Irene out of her sight. Cassy was holding her mother and assisted her in sitting down. She lets Greggy sit beside his wife and she sat beside Celeste.

1 hour and 30 minutes have passed the mass has ended. They went out of the church and felt the cold breeze brushed their skin. They hurriedly go home as they will still prepare their food. The moment they stepped out of the car, they hurried went in their house to do their assigned chores. Alfy and Luis for the grilling of the steaks. Celeste for setting up the table. Greggy for making the salad. And Cassy for cooking the pasta and arranging the decorations which was Irene's yearly work but Cassy insisted that she'll just do it as she used to help her mother in doing it before. Their maids are in a vacation for about a week now and will be back the day after tomorrow.

"Smells so bango ate!" Celeste said while she entered the kitchen to get the utensils. Cassy just finished arranging the decorations and started cooking already.

"Mhmm. Of course baby. I'm cooking pesto pasta and some authentic carbonara."

"Yey! The carbonara that doesn't have any milk?!"

"Yes baby. Here, taste it" Cassy gave her sister a taste and she smiled.

"Ate this tastes like Mommy's cooking!" Celeste exclaimed. Cassy just softly laughed.

"Hmm bolera. Sige na continue your work. Check on Mommy from time to time ok?" Cassy said and the latter just nodded.

They continued doing their works when they saw that it's already 9:50. They all decided to take a bath and fix theirselves. Their theme for this year was neutral colors. The boys wore a Black polo and white pants. Greggy wore a white polo and a beige khaki pants. Celeste wore the dress Cassy picked for her. It was a cute beige cap sleeve dress. Cassy just wore a white polo and partnered it with a beige skirt. An Irene M. Araneta inspired outfit she thought. They all went down at 10:25 exact. Irene was being assisted by Greggy in going down she was wearing a long flowy beige dress with a white butterfly sleeves.

"Ay wow, matchy sina Mommy and Cassy. Pinagusapan yan? Sana all?" Alfy teased. Irene jokingly slapped his son's chest.

"Ok lang magkamukha naman kami. Inggit ka lang." Cassy said. They all laughed with what she said.

"Hmm the pesto smells so good mahal ko!" Irene exclaimed when she put some of the pasta in her plate. With her pregnancy she is not craving yet. Not yet.

"Mommy that tastes like your pesto. And the cawbonara also!" Celeste said. Medyo nabubulol parin talaga ito sa letter "r". Irene tasted the noodles and it amazed her.