Chapter 24

Time went by, Irene won her case for Cassy and Rachelle won her case for Celeste. But as with their agreement, Celeste can still stay with her adoptive parents whenever she likes. Time goes by Rachelle has been a better Mom, while Irene is focusing on her daughter. Same with Greggy who is making up to her girls. But for Cassy, adjustment period just began. She's not used to be treated like this by her parents. You cannot blame her though.

"Mommy mauuna na po ako." Cassy said as she needs to go to school for their finals.

"Alright ingat ha. Susunduin ka nalang namin mamaya." Irene said as she kissed her daughter.

"Ok po."

"Ihatid ka nalang namin anak. Sobrang aga pa oh. Parang makapag review ka din ng maayos." Greggy hesitantly said. He can feel his daughter being so distant to him and it's his fault he knows that.

"Sure po kayo? Mag taxi naman po ako."

"Yes. So that you'll be safer and mas mapapanatag kami."

"Sige po. Kayo po." Cassy just said and opened her ipad while waiting as her notes are there.

In the car Greggy was driving while Irene is in the shotgun seat and Cassy is alone at the back. She was in her earphones and focused at her ipad. Irene kept glancing back on her daughter to see if she's ok.

"Luna, nandito na tayo." Irene said and tapped her daughter's legs.

"Oh. Hindi ko po namalayan." Cassy said and hurriedly fixed her things.

"Una na po ako." She said and was about to get out of the car. 

"Nak! Nasaan ang kiss ni Mommy?" She stopped her daughter.

"Po?"

"Kiss ni Mommy?" Irene pouted. Cassy just sighed and went back to kiss her Mom in the lips. Irene just giggled.

"Ingat ha! Good luck anak! Anong oras ka namin susunduin?"

"Wag na po. May pupuntahan po kami ng friends ko after. Pero before 5 uuwi na po ako."

"Sige ingat ka ha? You still have money?" Tanong naman ni Greggy.

"Meron pa po. Una na po ako." She said and closed the door.

Fast Forward.

After school Cassy and her friends went to the mall to unwind. It was only the first day of their exams and they felt like it's the last day already. They are in Seattle's Best as they want to have a little quiet time. Cassy and her friends was just reviewing while Kyle just  came in.

"Hey. Sorry may tinapos lang sa council." Kyle said as he seated beside his Cassy.

"How's you?" She asked as she closed her ipad.

"Fine. Ikaw? Stressed?" He asked and Cassy groaned as she layed her head in his shoulder.

"Exhausted." She replied. Kyke just hugged her and let her rest.

Greggy on the other hand was at the same mall as he'll buy the ingredients he need as he'll cook fir his daughter. He is with some personal guards.

Cassy's friends together with Kyle aleady left as it was already 3:30pm and Kyle was needed by his family. While Cassy went to Kultura Filipino to buy something. Particularly a bag for Cassy to gift her Mom on her graduation. She was about to leave Kultura when some people protested in front of her thrown some things to her.

"BAKIT KAYO NAG PAPASOK NG MAGNANAKAW!"

"MARCOS MAGNANAKAW!"

"IBALIK NIYO YUNG LUPA NG MGA MAGSASAKA SA BULACAN!"